Let Freshmen be Freshmen | The Boneyard

Let Freshmen be Freshmen

Reaction Score
I was reading an article that had a little information that really surprised me now.

A former UConn star had a really bad game against a ranked foe on the road. It was February and she was a true Freshman and obviously played like it. She was a Freshmen who later on the next month in March went on to be the Final Four MVP
This was their state line: 0-2 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 only played 7 minutes.

Moral of the story I think we expect the top recruits to just come in and kill it from day one and that isn't always the case. Just like most freshmen they have bad games and make bad decisions, Why? Because they are at a new level and pace and learning the in deeper more methodical ways than before. This same player had a really bad game during the later half of the season.

This post is a trivia/a reminder that Freshmen are Freshmen no matter their ranking.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was reading an article that had a little information that really surprised me now.

A former UConn star had a really bad game against a ranked foe on the road. It was February and she was a true Freshman and obviously played like it. She was a Freshmen who later on the next month in March went on to be the Final Four MVP
This was their state line: 0-2 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 only played 7 minutes.

Moral of the story I think we expect the top recruits to just come in and kill it from day one and that isn't always the case. Just like most freshmen they have bad games and make bad decisions, Why? Because they are at a new level and pace and learning the in deeper more methodical ways than before. This same player had a really bad game during the later half of the season.

This post is a trivia/a reminder that Freshmen are Freshmen no matter their ranking.
Best thing about Freshmen......they become Sophomores. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom