Lest we never forget...RIP Jazz | The Boneyard

Lest we never forget...RIP Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Four years ago on October 18th a family, a soon to be mother, and the UConn nation lost a wonderful person in Jazz. We all mourned and still do the terrible tragedy of a life taken through a senseless act. Regardless of how you perceive RE in the present, he had the strenghth and the courage to lead his team and others through one of UConn's darkest moments. Dez Cullen gave a beautiful memorial speech, and the whole team went to bid a teammate farewell. And never forget the beautiful daughter Maya.
Play every down...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well said, Kingspoint.

I didn't know Jazz other than watching him play, but something about hearing him pass just punched me in the gut that day. So, so tragic. Coincidentally, it was one of my first times stumbling upon the Boneyard, just trying to comprehend what on earth happened and read anything at all about it...

RIP, #6... Husky for life.

image-jpg.1517

Reaction Score
I'll never forget that day/week. I was going through a personal crisis at the time and that just knocked me for a loop. I felt worse every game the boys played after that happened and they'd come so close and lose in painful ways.

It was worth it to be in South Bend when they finally pulled it off.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That year's team was BY FAR my favorite Husky team and a model for every future Husky team to follow. I know we only won 7 games that year, but the energy and heart that the team played with on a weekly basis was so inspiring. They were determined to not let the memory of Jazz be forgotten and instead of running from adversity, every player on that team stared it straight in the face and punched it in the mouth. They never gave up and gave each play their all...just like #6.

Reaction Score
Tragic, senseless death, gone too soon, he will always be remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom