Less than 2 weeks! (EPL Predictions Thread) | The Boneyard

Less than 2 weeks! (EPL Predictions Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Until Prem League kicks off. I'm stoked!

So what are some early predictions??? I know the transfer window is still open and moves are still to be made but who's your top 3-5?

Reaction Score
Not going to make any predictions but I am looking forward to seeing how Liverpool compensates for a lack of Luis Suarez.

-I want to see City put Man U down.

-If Frank Lampard is playing well for City, will they really just give him back to NYFC? MLS needs to keep an eye on this, because alot of people are beginning to suspect that City is going to start playing a shell game with their satellite clubs.

-I think Everton may have enough to disrupt things with the titans of the league.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd./Liverpool/Everton

Maybe you include Arsenal in with the other three for the 3rd and 4th spots. It's hard to see Utd. turn it around Ike that, but maybe they hated Moise that much.

I think Everton did enough to tread water. Maybe that's enough is LFC and Utd turn in disappointing seasons.

No idea how Liverpool shakes out, it's hard to replace 30 goals. Ask Fullham.

It think City and Chelsea will duke it out at least till xmas. Then City pulls away. The rest of the top four should be a scramble. Maybe a dark horse from mid table makes it more interesting, but I can't think of a realistic one. I don't think Southampton is repeating last year's form.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
-If Frank Lampard is playing well for City, will they really just give him back to NYFC? MLS needs to keep an eye on this, because alot of people are beginning to suspect that City is going to start playing a shell game with their satellite clubs.

Wenger already pointed this out. Clearly this is what they are doing as an end around of FFP. Though I don't think Lampard is in their long term plans. He and Villa need spots to play while NYFC gets started up. The last thing you want is a 36yr old guy sitting around for 8 months. And does anyone want Villa right now?

Reaction Score
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd./Liverpool/Everton

Maybe you include Arsenal in with the other three for the 3rd and 4th spots. It's hard to see Utd. turn it around Ike that, but maybe they hated Moise that much.

I think Everton did enough to tread water. Maybe that's enough is LFC and Utd turn in disappointing seasons.

No idea how Liverpool shakes out, it's hard to replace 30 goals. Ask Fullham.

It think City and Chelsea will duke it out at least till xmas. Then City pulls away. The rest of the top four should be a scramble. Maybe a dark horse from mid table makes it more interesting, but I can't think of a realistic one. I don't think Southampton is repeating last year's form.

I wonder if Liverpool is still trying to play soccer Moneyball. It's easier to beef up defense so that you don't need all of those 30 goals.

Reaction Score
Until Prem League kicks off. I'm stoked!

So what are some early predictions??? I know the transfer window is still open and moves are still to be made but who's your top 3-5?
Cannot wait for this season, should be pretty competitve for top 4. Obviously you have City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, and that other side as favorites for top 4, but Everton will compete, Spurs have been quiet in the transfer market (for most part) but appears their signings from last season are starting to find their form (a year late) and they are picking up on Pechettino's tactics (still need to tighten up the back 4) so they'll be in the hunt. Then you have the likes of Newcastle (who had some good signings), Swansea, and Stoke - all who are long shots for top 4, but will factor in the overall race and could be competing for a spot in Europa.

I love that when UConn plays away games this fall, I can wake up to watching EPL, then turn the channel to UConn game without skipping a beat. Then wake up Sunday morning to do the same thing to lead into NFL games!

Reaction Score
Cannot wait for this season, should be pretty competitve for top 4. Obviously you have City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, and that other side as favorites for top 4, but Everton will compete, Spurs have been quiet in the transfer market (for most part) but appears their signings from last season are starting to find their form (a year late) and they are picking up on Pechettino's tactics (still need to tighten up the back 4) so they'll be in the hunt. Then you have the likes of Newcastle (who had some good signings), Swansea, and Stoke - all who are long shots for top 4, but will factor in the overall race and could be competing for a spot in Europa.

I love that when UConn plays away games this fall, I can wake up to watching EPL, then turn the channel to UConn game without skipping a beat. Then wake up Sunday morning to do the same thing to lead into NFL games!

I am excited to see what Diaco can do... but I am actually really excited about the EPL season, more so than college football as a whole. Other dilemma... I have extremely good, like 5 rows behind the home bench good and FREE (thanks to a season ticket holder friend of mine) tickets for Sporting against Houston on 29 Aug.. Choices...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I believe Everton is in Europa this season, no? I think it will be interesting to see how they handle playing in the extra tournament, especially if they get to group play. I was killer for Swansea last season and almost got them relegated as they weren't equipped for the extra games.

I agree with the post about Liverpool without Suarez. Say what you want about the man but he leaves MASSIVE shows to fill. I think Sturridge is good but I think Suarez allowed him to have a little less attention paid to him.

I really would love to see someone other than Chelsea or Man City battling for the top spot. I'm tired of those two. Give me Liverpool or Arsenal or someone else.

As for my own team, I'm looking for hopefully a Top 10 finish for Swansea. If they hold Bony, this is totally doable. The defense is a bit shaky and I'm bummed about losing Davies to Spurs but Gylfi coming back is big and I like their new striker and the kid Jefferson Montero from Ecuador is a STEAL!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmm.
Top 3
Chelsea - picked up a lot of talent
Arsenal - improved in transfer market and if they can keep healthy (actually biggest improvement may be here, they hired a new physio/trainer)
Man City - still great squad from last year

ManU, Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham fighting for 4th.

Don't see Liverpool being able to replicate last year. Losing Suarez and then having to play in CL will take a lot out of them. On the other hand ManU NOT playing in CL or EL will help them in the Premier League.

Wherever Arsenal end up, Tottenham will be below that in the table, as always. ;)

Reaction Score
I believe Everton is in Europa this season, no? I think it will be interesting to see how they handle playing in the extra tournament, especially if they get to group play. I was killer for Swansea last season and almost got them relegated as they weren't equipped for the extra games.

I agree with the post about Liverpool without Suarez. Say what you want about the man but he leaves MASSIVE shows to fill. I think Sturridge is good but I think Suarez allowed him to have a little less attention paid to him.

I really would love to see someone other than Chelsea or Man City battling for the top spot. I'm tired of those two. Give me Liverpool or Arsenal or someone else.

As for my own team, I'm looking for hopefully a Top 10 finish for Swansea. If they hold Bony, this is totally doable. The defense is a bit shaky and I'm bummed about losing Davies to Spurs but Gylfi coming back is big and I like their new striker and the kid Jefferson Montero from Ecuador is a STEAL!
Yup, Everton, Spurs, and Hull are in Europa (Hull has to win 2 rounds of play-in fixtures as the Cap One Cup winners, Spurs has to win one round of play-in fixture - home and home - as the 6th place finisher, and Everton automaticaly in group play for finishing 5th). Those Thursday games will take a toll on them througout the season, and definitely have an impact. I think Spurs EPL record for weeks they also had a Europa game was abysmal. Europa has new meaning this year though, as the for the first time the title winner will automatically qualify for UCL. That will make it much more intriguing as historically most top league clubs don't play all their regulars in those games, especially if they'er in the hunt to qualify for UCL through their league results.

Predicting top finish:
1- United (blech) - by not playing in UCL or Europa it will keep them pretty fresh throughout the season, while City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and Everton are all slugging it out across Europe
2- City
3- Chelski
4- dog fight b/w the Gooners, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, and Newcastle as a longshot but in the hunt.

Reaction Score
Gut is that Liverpool falls out of the top 4 due to the loss of Jaws. Chelsea and Man City will fight for the top two spots. Arsenal and Man U will fit in behind. I believe the challenge will be between Arsenal staying healthy playing inside and outside of the EPL versus how fast the new Man U team can jell.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I agree with many here that ManU not playing in Europe this season will be a big boost for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them top 2-3. Fresh legs and they can trim down the roster to only the guys Van Gaal wants. He doesn't need to keep anyone for the sake of needing fresh legs after a Thursday CL or Europa League game. That may be a benefit to them in terms of jelling the roster.

Reaction Score
I agree with many here that ManU not playing in Europe this season will be a big boost for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them top 2-3. Fresh legs and they can trim down the roster to only the guys Van Gaal wants. He doesn't need to keep anyone for the sake of needing fresh legs after a Thursday CL or Europa League game. That may be a benefit to them in terms of jelling the roster.

If the ICC has a barometer, then they will be playing well. Nice come from behind win last night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gut is that Liverpool falls out of the top 4 due to the loss of Jaws.

I totally agree. He was their difference maker. They're my team, but I'm also going to be pulling for Everton. Like Tim Howard, their manager had a great World Cup. Roberto Martinez was a great commentator. And to those that may say you can't root for both Liverpool and Everton, I say yes I can.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I totally agree. He was their difference maker. They're my team, but I'm also going to be pulling for Everton. Like Tim Howard, their manager had a great World Cup. Roberto Martinez was a great commentator. And to those that may say you can't root for both Liverpool and Everton, I say yes I can.
That's just wrong.

Reminds me of this commercial

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I find the competition to avoid relegation as interesting as who wins. The relgation battles could be good this season

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I find the competition to avoid relegation as interesting as who wins. The relgation battles could be good this season
It's always hard to see or predict how the newly promoted sides pan out. Sometimes it's also the second year slump for teams promoted the previous season. Should be interesting. Two of last years three new comers all had solid seasons with Hull making it to Europa play. If they advance there it'll be interesting to see how it affects them. Swansea nearly lost it in the BPL while excelling in Europa past the group stage. It wasn't until they were knocked out that they turned it around.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
With Southampton getting raided for players, I could see them having trouble this year. Unless they can spend some of that money.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With Southampton getting raided for players, I could see them having trouble this year. Unless they can spend some of that money.

Villa is a tire fire too. West Brom has really improved last few weeks. They could get to 13th-15th. A month ago they looked doomed

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I find myself really looking forward to opening day, moreso than before. It must be World Cup aftereffects.

Reaction Score
I find myself really looking forward to opening day, moreso than before. It must be World Cup aftereffects.

This will be the first EPL season I have followed from start to finish. The combo of the World Cup and college sports aligning against us is just making me look for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom