OT: - Leftover turkey | The Boneyard

OT: Leftover turkey

Reaction Score
We cooked a 20lb turkey for 4 people and have a lot left over, which is in freezer in ziplock bags each holding, approximately, 2 pounds meat.
Next time I make chili, I can put in a bag, but what other meal suggestions would folks suggest?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If you're not counting calories I suggest Emeril's turkey tetrazzini. I am making it tonight. My daughter is heading back to college and it is one of her favorite meals.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We cooked a 20lb turkey for 4 people and have a lot left over, which is in freezer in ziplock bags each holding, approximately, 2 pounds meat.
Next time I make chili, I can put in a bag, but what other meal suggestions would folks suggest?

Was this from thanksgiving?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Turkey chilaquiles. Use this recipe as a basic guideline and riff off it to your liking. I've never had a single person not enjoy these (or my chicken recipe).

Also, couple of fried eggs on top makes for a great breakfast or brunch meal.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

"[Turkey] is the fruit of the [hardwood forest]. You can barbecue it, boil it (don't recommend, but bear with me.), broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, turkey-kabobs, turkey creole, turkey gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple turkey, lemon turkey, coconut turkey, pepper turkey, turkey soup, turkey stew, turkey salad, turkey and potatoes, turkey burger, turkey sandwich. That- that's about it."

Reaction Score
I only cooked a turkey breast as no one likes dark meat. It was delishes, well the half we ate anyway. I left the breat way back on the stove. While waiting for the turkey to cool I left it there. In a while I decided to lay down as I was very tired. Well the guys were napping so...... anyway the dog got in bed with me smelling of turkey breath. Yah I know! My son found the carcus on the dining room floor. She was not ashame at all.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
shredded turkey gumbo

Reaction Score
I only cooked a turkey breast as no one likes dark meat. It was delishes, well the half we ate anyway. I left the breat way back on the stove. While waiting for the turkey to cool I left it there. In a while I decided to lay down as I was very tired. Well the guys were napping so...... anyway the dog got in bed with me smelling of turkey breath. Yah I know! My son found the carcus on the dining room floor. She was not ashame at all.

Dog food would have been my suggestion as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Turkey Pot Pie
Hot Open Face Turkey Sandwiches with Gravy
These are my 2 picks. Use puff pastry sheets for the pot pie. Easier and tastes better than pie crust, imo.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't put cooked turkey in chili. We make turkey chili but that starts with ground turkey.

I'm a huge fan of leftover turkey and mash pot with gravy. Old school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom