leaving early and graduation rate | The Boneyard

leaving early and graduation rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's been discussed before, but i can't remember the answer. How does leaving early affect graduation rate?

I am under the impression that one and done players do not affect a schools graduation rate? Is that true? If yes, does the same logic apply to sophomores and juniors?

Reaction Score
I know it's been discussed before, but i can't remember the answer. How does leaving early affect graduation rate?

I am under the impression that one and done players do not affect a schools graduation rate? Is that true? If yes, does the same logic apply to sophomores and juniors?
I think that was just the Kentucky rule. Nothing changes their APR.

Reaction Score

There is the graduation rate, which must be reported accurately (early leavers count against you), and then there is the Graduate Success Rate (GSR, used by the NCAA and no one else) which colleges take great liberties with, because the criteria are ridiculous. With that one, someone who leaves for the NBA doesn't ding you if they leave in good standing (which can mean anything). On the other hand, a transfer counts against you in your graduation rate, and also in your GSR (unless they maintain a 2.3 or 2.7 GPA -- I forget which). Bizarrely, if a student attends for 3 1/2 years and then leaves, he counts against you.

Reaction Score
There is the graduation rate, which must be reported accurately (early leavers count against you), and then there is the Graduate Success Rate (GSR, used by the NCAA and no one else) which colleges take great liberties with, because the criteria are ridiculous. With that one, someone who leaves for the NBA doesn't ding you if they leave in good standing (which can mean anything). On the other hand, a transfer counts against you in your graduation rate, and also in your GSR (unless they maintain a 2.3 or 2.7 GPA -- I forget which). Bizarrely, if a student attends for 3 1/2 years and then leaves, he counts against you.

It's all about educating young people. That's what the NCAA is most concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom