OT - Leather Recliners | The Boneyard

OT - Leather Recliners

Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel photo of his dog, legs, blue on blue attire and leather recliner have inspired me. I've been shopping for a recliner and have committed the ultimate research sin by not coming here first for everyone's input.

Recliner musts are rocking or gliding, swivel, leather and manual. I'm leaning toward the Lay Z Boy Maverick.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It lives in Off Topic Archives...
Did you read the contributions? Earth shattering recommendations there. Speakers in the headrest was the most enlightening for me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, the sofa that inspired you is about 10 years old. Has a love seat with dual pop up leg rests and recline, dual cup holder and built on storage, has the corner wedge and a three person section that also has two pop up and reclining leg rests.

I have no idea what brand we bought.

I see newer stuff with built in chargers, massages, etc. I'm holding out until a built in toilet.

I have enough time in "my spot" that my head wore off the top coat of leather about 5-6 years ago. It's a man's way of claiming his turf.

IMG_20181230_155206172~2.jpg

Reaction Score
I just came from picking up and dropping off a recliner for my mother in law. She went with a bargain variety gliding recliner from Big Lots.

Personally, I love my LazyBoy. Even if they are overpriced.

Reaction Score
Well, the sofa that inspired you is about 10 years old. Has a love seat with dual pop up leg rests and recline, dual cup holder and built on storage, has the corner wedge and a three person section that also has two pop up and reclining leg rests.

I have no idea what brand we bought.

I see newer stuff with built in chargers, massages, etc. I'm holding out until a built in toilet.

I have enough time in "my spot" that my head wore off the top coat of leather about 5-6 years ago. It's a man's way of claiming his turf.

View attachment 37805
Thing seems to be holding up well.

Reaction Score
Oh, man, I have resisted this with firm determination. Firm determination I tell you!! But I am weakening. My brother has a nice one. Had a nice nap after Thanksgiving dinner. Amazed this thread hasn't been bounced elsewhere.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Stay away from La-z-boy. I bought one with the heat/massage features. The electronics didn't ever work properly and completely quit working after a year or two. The frame broke after maybe four years. It was a complete POS and expensive...over $1k with delivery. I replaced it with a Catnapper. It cost about half as much, has the same features, and seven years later everything still works great.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’ve got a cheap recliner from bobs that meets all of your requirements. It’s comfy. Gets the job done

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Have had a black leather reclining Lay-Z-Boy for like 8 years. Love the thing and broken in real nice.

Reaction Score
Just replaced a Lane leather recliner that I bought at bob's 17 years ago. I got a Leather Lazy Boy swivel rocker recliner(30% off sale in October). Because of a bad back I sleep in it. The Lane was bigger, it sort of enveloped whoever sat in it, kids used to call it the chair of death since you were asleep in 10 minutes no matter what time of day it was. I think the Lane was made better but both were/are comfortable. Bought my son a wall hugger Lazy Boy, no swivel or rocker but he loves it for his back. He often sleeps in it too with his 1 year old son who is teething. He has to fight with his 3 year old daughter who has staked a claim to it also. The Lane lives on as it was donated in Willimantic. Not sure if it ever left the building.

Reaction Score
OMG. When Whaler sees this thread on the football board....

I still remember when he snapped in his momentum thread

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom