Learning To Win | The Boneyard

Learning To Win

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Young teams are often inefficient in their play and need to learn how to win.

Today was a huge step forward.

An uncountable number of false starts and illegal procedures.

About a half dozen bad snaps wrecking plays.

Coaching malfeasance running down clock at end of first half.

Dropped TD pass in the first half. A few dropped passes from other receivers in first half.

Turner kept his cool and defense was outstanding all day.

Great job by Mora and his staff conditioning his players to expect success and expect victory.

Friday night should be a rocking crowd.

Reaction Score
The bad snaps were a problem all day. ZT was constantly fielding snaps at his ankles. Good job by him not to mishandle any of them, but it had to throw the timing of plays off a bit. There is a lot to clean up on offense before Friday,

Reaction Score

Dropped TD pass in the first half. A few dropped passes from other receivers in first half.

Great job by Mora and his staff conditioning his players to expect success and expect victory.

I think it’s really unfair to say that Aaron Turner “dropped” the potential TD in the first half. The ball hit his hands and before he had time to pull it into his body a defender hit the ball with his shoulder. I’m not sure any has strong enough hands to have made that play.

Reaction Score

Learning to win also means being flexible enough to accept an ugly win when going for a pretty one reduces your chances. Other than not figuring out why the TEs and WRs kept being flagged, coaches had this game figured out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In this case, I think we were so much better than the other guys it really didn't matter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In this case, I think we were so much better than the other guys it really didn't matter.

Yeah but bad teams can truthfully male that statement and still lose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it’s really unfair to say that Aaron Turner “dropped” the potential TD in the first half. The ball hit his hands and before he had time to pull it into his body a defender hit the ball with his shoulder. I’m not sure any has strong enough hands to have made that play.

I'll concede the ball the came out when he got flipped on his head is a legit drop.

Pass in the end zone he needs to grab and get it tight to body so DB can't rip it out

Reaction Score
I'll concede the ball the came out when he got flipped on his head is a legit drop.

Pass in the end zone he needs to grab and get it tight to body so DB can't rip it out
I only saw it in the stadium, but it wasn’t ripped out. The defender hit the ball with his full body weight while Turner still had it in his hands. I don’t know what he could have done. You need time to pull it into your body and he didn’t look like he had it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Learning to win also means being flexible enough to accept an ugly win when going for a pretty one reduces your chances. Other than not figuring out why the TEs and WRs kept being flagged, coaches had this game figured out.
The Brazilian Nation soccer team (O Seleção) would do well to heed your words

Reaction Score
The bad snaps were a problem all day. ZT was constantly fielding snaps at his ankles. Good job by him not to mishandle any of them, but it had to throw the timing of plays off a bit. There is a lot to clean up on offense before Friday,
Plus, the bad snaps forced Zion to take his eyes away from the D for a split second. Did he miss a read or two because of that? Showed good poise handling them

Reaction Score
I believe this will be a turning point in the rise of UConn Football.. Yes, we might lose 'must win' games, in the future, however, Jim Morais teaching the team how to win. We got the BCU monkey off our back...

Reaction Score

Living 950 miles away meant I watched the game on TV (not next week though, as we'll be in town for 2 men's games, the football game and a women's game........not a bad five days) and I saw the replay probably four times.
The defender hit the receiver's hands the instant the ball arrived. I doubt David Tyree or Marion Manningham could have held onto it so I don't think Turner should be criticized. Great plays can happen on defense too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom