Learning from the Post-Game Interview with the players | The Boneyard

Learning from the Post-Game Interview with the players

Reaction Score
The Boneyard has an open forum and we all get a chance to give our thoughts and opinion. Sometimes there are opinions that ae not based on facts, experience, or knowledge of the game. I like these player interviews because we get it from the most important source. What the players experience and hear from Geno is the bottom line for me. I don't have to speculate as much. Two key points I learned from this interview-- How come Geno does not call time outs if the players are tired? Well, Dorka stated that in the 3rd quarter, when Conn did not score for 6 or 7 minutes Geno did not want to take a time out because he used it as a "teaching moment" where he wanted the players to figure it out themselves. Of course, Geno knows that in the BIG games the players have to figure it out themselves. Coaching from the sidelines only goes so far. As Geno has said (and the players too) Geno trusts the players to figure it out themselves. When Lou and Edwards were off their game, the team knew they had to figure out who would takeover. Dorka and Aubrey took over.
The second point is the playing time. Again, Geno is putting them in a difficult situation where they have to did down deep and palay 40 minutes. Even if it is with 4 fouls (Aubrey.) Now the team knows in their heads and hearts that they can figure out the tough situations and can last the 40 minutes if necessary. That is how Geno gets the team ready for March! I learned alot from that interview.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom