Leaderless ships sink....no Bazz or Kemba to save the day. | The Boneyard

Leaderless ships sink....no Bazz or Kemba to save the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat tried valiantly last year to carry the team, he got some help but not enough.

This years team has more talent but I don't see a Kemba, Bazz or Boat. It's tough when the only real PG and maybe natural leader is a frosh. As individuals I really like Miller, Purvis, Hamilton (except tonight) & Gibbs but none of them appear able to lead the team in times of trouble.....it needs to be KO.

KO needs to lead from the bench, he was fortunate to have Bazz & Boat in 2014 title run, but now let see him turn this around without them. I'm rooting like heck that he can do it....back to back NIT is not UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boat tried valiantly last year to carry the team, he got some help but not enough.

This years team has more talent but I don't see a Kemba, Bazz or Boat. It's tough when the only real PG and maybe natural leader is a frosh. As individuals I really like Miller, Purvis, Hamilton (except tonight) & Gibbs but none of them appear able to lead the team in times of trouble.....it needs to be KO.

KO needs to lead from the bench, he was fortunate to have Bazz & Boat in 2014 title run, but now let see him turn this around without them. I'm rooting like heck that he can do it....back to back NIT is not UConn.
KO is bi-polar on the bench. He's still learning.

Reaction Score
Purvis seems to want to lead. Perhaps Coach needs to publicly eleavate, support and declare him the leader. Him being on the bench for too long spelled doom.

I'm okay with him leading us, he sat under Bazz and followed Boat. Good followship makes great leadership.

Reaction Score
I agree with this sentiment. I also believe that leaders can develop over time. There were years where we thought Shabazz was not a leader, he became one. We need someone (I believe it needs to be Purvis) to become the alpha dog on this team.

Reaction Score
This is my biggest concern with the team this year. Every great UConn team has had tremendous leadership, and I'm not sure if there's a leader in this bunch. Ollie doesn't carry a veteran presence on the sideline, which hurts in some scenarios. I love KO, but it's frustrating to watch as a fan at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom