Le Cannet full game video | The Boneyard

Le Cannet full game video

Reaction Score
Also maybe just me but little tip if it won’t load on Safari on your Iphone. Chrome worked very well for this stuff

Reaction Score
That sequence from 3:40-4:30 was insane. 3 by Newton. Steal by Diarra on the inbounds, passes to Cam who gives it back to Diarra who nails a 3. Le Cannet misses a 3 on the next possession, and Newton immediately drills another 3.

9-0 run in less than a minute. Feels like we've seen that type of blitz before :cool:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Accepting all caveats about the level of the competition:

Four of the starters have Hurley-ball down pat, the 5th is savy multi-skilled veteran. They run that offense like clockwork and the team D is impressive. They will have no problem with ball handling, passing or shooting. Clingan's has such soft touch on the bunnies; good to see him pissed when he missed that and-one dunk. They are a buzzsaw.

The second team was a little ragged at first, to be expected with their first formal competition in the system. Not nearly as smooth running of the offense but they got after it. Ball and Castle clearly belong, and Johnson looked good.

I like the idea starting Diarra for 5 minutes of blow torch against their point guard, leaving the pickings for Castle. That will pay dividends and Hurley has the tools to control the game.

Reaction Score
No trouble for me. But the video brightness is too dark and too far off the action to watch, at least for me.
Gets better in the second half when it gets dark outside and the glare from the windows fades. Court is still rather distant but well-lighted. Quite watchable, I thought.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Gets better in the second half when it gets dark outside and the glare from the windows fades. Court is still rather distant but well-lighted. Quite watchable, I thought.
Much better on a bigger screen. Overall, the video was pretty damn good for a one-camera broadcast - could follow just about all the action.

Reaction Score
This contest means absolutely nothing. But the game comes to Newton so easily. Surprised he didn't get the NBA combine invite.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They were a better opponent than I thought. Had some big post players to play against.

We let them get off to a 5-0 start and Tristen picked up two quick fouls in the first. Can't get off to slow starts like that.;)

We have snipers. Opponents need to get back and cover our perimeter shooters or they'll pay for it if they don't.

Karaban with more emotion than all of last season with a Singare and 1 and then he made a steal for uncontested slam. He was money from three.

Sampson still figuring game play. But give him playing time and he's going to be good. He's got game. Just not enough experience.

Roumoglou played back up minutes for Alex. He's better than I thought. Not sure he will beat out Stewart but there could be competition for the back up at that spot. He has a nose for rebounding.

Castle makes it look so easy on both ends. He has reach around bandit type defense. At least four deflections for steals. Has the entire repertoire on offense. Easily the best of the freshman.

Ross and Solo play with intensity. Ross needs just a slight improvement on his 3 pt shooting to be that back up deep threat. Giving me vibes of a better version of Tyler.

Cam is solid. Already integrated with the team. We got lucky getting him.

Outside of those two quick fouls Tristen played like the final game of the NCAA tournament.

This is a team that can go far tournament time.

Reaction Score
One thing that impressed me about Tristen's first season at UConn..esp. second half of year/Tournament.. Was letting the game come to him and not force things.. However, when his team needed him to take over at crunch time--He was quite capable of doing that as well... Gonna have an excellent year and continue to get the attention of NBA GMs

Reaction Score
Yeah I was asking myself all game who would make and inside basketball court with windows surrounds the top part of the wall all the way around. Just insane idea. LOL!

Reaction Score
Castle surprised me with his Athletic ability and he was great on d too. Cam just fits in so smooth with the offense. The starters made it seem so easy with the ball movement and everyone able to hit 3s even Clingan who got one. Can't wait to see them play better competition. Ball's outside shot doesn't look too good but he can get up.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The French team seemed to have no appetite for 2nd shots. 90% of the time, as soon as the ball left their shooter's hand, at least 4 of them, and sometimes 5, were full tilt boogying the other way. They were in outright fear of being beaten on the break.

I thought both Johnson and Singare looked better than expected.

I really didn't think we could upgrade last season's transfer portal find, but Spencer looks to have the same tools as JoeyC, with a steadier al around game.

And, I'm really, really glad Tristen came back.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Observations from the scrimmage.

Tristen might make a Tyrese Martin jump 3 point shooting and consistency wise.

Cam makes the game look easy.

Clingan has really slowed down in the paint. Looks great.

Karaban picking up where he left off.

Castle looks the part and was super under control offensively and defensively. Funny a guy who moves as chill as him can make so many plays defensively.

Solo was super impressive. He had a stretch where he had two insane blocks that didn’t count, a putback dunk that didn’t count, made a acrobatic layup on a transition break, and threw an alley oop to Samson. It was encouraging to see his passing skills in this.

Really happy they gave us this full game to watch to carry us over to the season!

Reaction Score
I admittedly didn't watch the entire game but thought it was interesting early on when subs came in you had Spencer and Castle in the backcourt together you had Spencer playing more of the point guard role and Castle more off the ball as the 2. I imagined it would be the other way around. Obviously just a small sample in a scrimmage but thought it was something small to note.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom