LB to Transfer from UConn | The Boneyard

LB to Transfer from UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On TOS they said a LB is transferring but I'm not a member so I can't get in to see who it is. There is no reports out there except for on tos.

Reaction Score
i have a theory on that. But we allow no kibitzing on this topic i hear, so I will just wait for confirmation.

Reaction Score
can't see it either, but my guess is that it's probably someone who didn't get too much playing time.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
its not official yet but its looking like Andrew Opoku

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It sounds like we have been building a lot of depth at LB. Smallwood was a rFreshman, as were Steg and Osiecki. We've got 2 true freshman that were getting rave reviews in Vann and Ashiru. If Opoku felt that he was that far behind in the depth chart, I could see why he'd consider transferring. It's too bad that he's been moved around so much since he got here - he never had the chance to really concentrate on one position.

Reaction Score
Sounds like maybe a FB leaving too...

"Possibly the last play I had at UConn... http://lockerz.com/s/161826186"

x2_9a5458a

Reaction Score
it happends every year, just hope that coach p reloads the roster with some studs, we need em.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Steg close to transferring last winter break, after RE resigned? Wonder if it could be him. An opportuntiy to go back home to S. Florida and maybe play for FIU and his original D. Coord at UConn, Coach Orlando... Who knows.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it's Opoku. Dez just included it in his latest blog post. He's been through 3 positions in 2 years and I think lacked the speed we desperately need. I wish him well, but from a pure football standpoint, not a big deal.

Reaction Score
Opoku just denied it on Twitter...

@UconnBeastmode9Andrew Opoku

I'm a Huskie, cut the gossip talk.

LOL. There are reasons why the Boneyard has always prohibited discussing specific players transferring until they do (and all that has happened here is that someone started a rumor, whether there was truth to it or not, and the rumor got repeated on so many various forums that it started to be assumed true).

People will leave when they see their pathway to playing time is blocked. But there really is no reason to discuss it until it's announced by a reliable source. It's not like you have to bet on a game in the next hour.

P.S. - having said that, I have no issue with anyone having posted it here after Des Connor posted it. My point was much more general.

Reaction Score
LOL. There are reasons why the Boneyard has always prohibited discussing specific players transferring until they do (and all that has happened here is that someone started a rumor, whether there was truth to it or not, and the rumor got repeated on so many various forums that it started to be assumed true).

People will leave when they see their pathway to playing time is blocked. But there really is no reason to discuss it until it's announced by a reliable source. It's not like you have to bet on a game in the next hour.

Says the guy who was speculating on which staff members would be fired only hours after the last game...

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Staff members and players are 2 very different things

Reaction Score

x2_9a5458a
He's an academic senior walk on/ RS JR. If he wanted to stay he would have to stay enrolled, so it's his choice. He did walk on senior day....
It looks like he's looking to play somewhere...
Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 12.29.59 PM.png

Reaction Score
Somebody twit, tweet,...whatever it is....to the Opoku kid to stop reading the internet and make sure he's hitting the books to pass all his final exams, and the rest of them too.

Reaction Score
Somebody twit, tweet,...whatever it is....to the Opoku kid to stop reading the internet and make sure he's hitting the books to pass all his final exams, and the rest of them too.

Do you have children? Talk about a waste of breath.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2 more players for P 2 bring in asap!
-opoku didn't get pt so i completely understand with a new system and alot of youth coming into the program etc
-hinkley walked on senior day? then im not suprised at all that he won't be back. thats a ship that P can fill with youth and one of his recruits.

good luck to both of them. this roster next year is going to be half brand new and i can't wait for it, the future is bright!

Reaction Score
Very funny counselor. Yes, I have children, and yes it's like talking to a wall when they're in various stages. A kid is more likely to listen to his buddy telling him to keep his sh8t straight than old mom's and pop's.

Reaction Score

x2_9a5458a

Wasn't he a redshirt JR ( walk on BEFORE he topped the depth chart ) anyways? I don't think he came to UCONN to play football more than 4 years... Always thought he stayed with because it was a good way for him to stay in shape and thet fact he simply loved the game...no disrepect to him talent wise in any way, but we gotta step our game up at ALL positions recruiting wise.... It was nice having him this past season... He did some good things for us... Wish him well in his future endeavors....

Reaction Score
Wasn't Steg close to transferring last winter break, after RE resigned? Wonder if it could be him. An opportuntiy to go back home to S. Florida and maybe play for FIU and his original D. Coord at UConn, Coach Orlando... Who knows.

Opoku bro.. read initial part of this thread... or go to courant.com or uconnreport.com

Reaction Score
this conversation makes me feel awkward. Like BizLaw said, I thought we outlawed this type of speculation about players.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom