Layups | The Boneyard

Layups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is up with our guards missing layups constantly? We always had big men in the past who had no touch around the rim but to have our guards constantly missing is something I've never seen from us in the past. Purvis makes layups look like they are a difficult challenge, as does Samuel. I'm thinking it's a concentration thing which seems to be a problem in all aspects of the game with this team. Purvis and Samuel will make a nice move to the rim and they just don't finish the play, it's kind of fitting they have both missed dunks. Seriously, missed layups from guards is like the equivalent of elite golfers missing 3 foot putts or elite tennis players missing overheads.

Reaction Score
They weren't used to having so many attempts LOL. This was the first time in a while were we pushed the ball, fast breaking it. They are much better when they are running.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You miss layups because you think your way through something that should be simple and natural. You think your way through because you aren't confident. Need to build confidence.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
They miss layups because they are running faster than their ability to control the ball. So, they toss it up and hope to get lucky.
They both to need to find a way to put the ball on the glass while moving fast. Most guys slow a half step and then lay it up. But getting blocked is the risk. However, if you don't have control on the release it is the same as a block. They probably practice the lay up drills
at half speed and then try to make layups at full speed. They need to practice layups at game speed.

C

Chief00

Some good points, I guess. I truly never had any of these issues - other than sometimes rushing a layup due to a big shot blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom