Lawson brothers to Kansas | The Boneyard

Lawson brothers to Kansas

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just saw this. I think it's an example of what is to come.

Reaction Score
Good for them hopefully they get better under Self because in all reality they didn't help Memphis get too far now did they? That team always felt beatable even with 1/2 UConn team so while they are good players there's nothing great about them. Honestly this opens up recruitment on HS players who were thinking of going to KU in those positions for 18-19 etc etc..

Reaction Score
Did they hire Keelon Sr? Or are they going to when the younger brothers and cousin hit the market?

Reaction Score
Wonder how this affects Juiston? They both have to sit a year but between Coleby, Azuibuike, and Preston this year plus them next that's a lot of high level guys to compete with. Surely we can beat out UNLV for this kid, but Iowa St? VCU? Heck even URI was on him early and has spots on a pretty good returning team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are both good players who will probably shine when surrounded by other talented players.

Reaction Score
Thats just how it goes these days
I agree. I think the men's game is going to start to resemble the women's game more in terms of all the top players going to a handful of schools. For those of us old enough to have enjoyed 1990-2014 let's be thankful we were able to witness college basketball at its finest.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Makes sense.

Self does develop guys.

Just look at Graham and Frank Mason for starters.

Those are also 2 really talented practice dummies for the team this upcoming year to battle against day in and day out.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think the men's game is going to start to resemble the women's game more in terms of all the top players going to a handful of schools. For those of us old enough to have enjoyed 1990-2014 let's be thankful we were able to witness college basketball at its finest.
That's 1999-2014

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Memphis will suck again. Hopefully we don't get them twice this year.

Reaction Score
Wonder how this affects Juiston? They both have to sit a year but between Coleby, Azuibuike, and Preston this year plus them next that's a lot of high level guys to compete with. Surely we can beat out UNLV for this kid, but Iowa St? VCU? Heck even URI was on him early and has spots on a pretty good returning team

Juiston is not coming to UConn

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So Malik Newman, Lawsons plus a loaded class?

I repeat. Only at UConn do our players get scared off by Christian Vitals. Meanwhile at Kansas...

Reaction Score
That's 1999-2014
Are you really young or do you think only championships matter? UConn went 194-75 between 89-90 to 98-99 in arguably the greatest college basketball conference in history. This included two Elite Eights, a slew of conference titles and a bunch of NBA players. Funny that you would exclude those years because they didn't include a championship. That was college basketball at its finest and something we probably won't see again. As a fan, I'd take the enjoyment those years provided in a heartbeat, even if there was no national championship.

Reaction Score
Are you really young or do you think only championships matter? UConn went 194-75 between 89-90 to 98-99 in arguably the greatest college basketball conference in history. This included two Elite Eights, a slew of conference titles and a bunch of NBA players. Funny that you would exclude those years because they didn't include a championship. That was college basketball at its finest and something we probably won't see again. As a fan, I'd take the enjoyment those years provided in a heartbeat, even if there was no national championship.
Amen. Those Big East slug fests with some really amazing players on most of the teams we played were fantastic. We many never see anything like that in any single conference again. And the rest of college basketball was great as well. Especially with how watered down things are now and with the top players all leaving after one year. The great players in those days were at least here for three seasons in most cases.

the Q

Reaction Score
Who screwed over his family?

Memphis. They broke their promise to his dad.

That's why they're ticked and leaving UM.

the Q

Reaction Score
Oh. I'm ok with breaking a promise with a whackjob. Any father who uses his kids as pawns, is a crappy father.

Not gonna argue that.

Just saying, you're 18/19/20 years old and the school makes a promise to your father about his employment status, and then breaks it. You think you're not gonna hold any illwill?

was it immature? Yes.

Is it a sign that Tubby should've ran them out of town? I don't think so. Crossing one's family isn't exactly the best way to judge someone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom