LaVols and Holly: Local Dissatisfaction Growing (merged thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

LaVols and Holly: Local Dissatisfaction Growing (merged thread)

Reaction Score
I can't imagine any scenario where Phillip Fulmer forces Holly Warlick out, mid-season.

1) They've worked in the same athletics department together for decades;
2) Holly has not only worked at UT for decades, she played and was a star there;
3) They gain nothing by firing her, mid-season, and that might even tick off some current players and encourage them to transfer.

3A) this has probably been covered but if she left mid season would it allow the next group of recruits to transfer? Keeping that outstanding class is all important

3B) If Holly were to leave mid season it would be impossible for her
to realize her dream to be the Phoenix rising from the ashes of six defeats

Reaction Score
tournament is far from the truth.
Debbie Ryan at Virginia, Geno’s mentor, was also a giant of her day. Tenn couldn’t become a great team in a vacuum, it needed a foil and Virginia, along with La Tech, USC, Old Dominion, and Texas provided one. So, no, PHS didn’t create the sport and Geno would have been fine without the LVs.
Yah, I never understood the argument that Pat did anything for Geno that helped make him what he is. What did she do? She played the other best team in the nation I 95? who wouldn't want their kids to play the best? Pat always helped Pat and her team. She was never some saint who put the game above herself, and certainly didn't help Geno become Geno!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yah, I never understood the argument that Pat did anything for Geno that helped make him what he is. What did she do? She played the other best team in the nation I 95? who wouldn't want their kids to play the best? Pat always helped Pat and her team. She was never some saint who put the game above herself, and certainly didn't help Geno become Geno!
One person who did want her kids to play the best was Sylvia Hatchell the defending NCAA champion. ESPN originally offered the MLK day game to UNC. UNC (the defending national champions) refused to go to UCONN for a nationally televised game. Pat took the game so at least give her credit for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom