Lauren Jackson Night | The Boneyard

Lauren Jackson Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A big crowd in Seattle tonight to celebrate LJ's career. The Storm, who usually play well at home, are blowing out Washington after 3 quarters. Jewell has 24, including the last bucket on a Jewelly Oop from Stewie. She and Breanna are both +31. K, averaging 10 ppg over the past 4, has hit four from the arc, including one from almost 25'. She just threw a lob assist to Stewie.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K played 18 minutes, hustled, boxed out, and shot 4-9 from the arc for 12 points. She also had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block. She got a post-game interview as well.

The final: 80-51, Seattle. They are on the verge of a playoff spot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lots of tears from #10 and #15.

Sue, of course, is wearing a #15 jersey over her uniform.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anyone with League Pass - they broadcast the whole ceremony so I assume it is also on the replay option - nicely done at the end of the game - with Sue being the star speaker at the end of the ceremony. Well worth a watch.

Also ... they had two storm legacy women bring out one of the presents for Lauren - a poster with hand written messages from fans. The fun thing was that6 one of the two women was wearing a Uconn jersey rather than storm gear!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was a very nice ceremony, with several speeches. Sue was both funny and emotional. She and LJ were one of the best duos ever to play the game and possibly the best women's duo ever.

I'm reminded of when Geno first met her. He quipped, "I was just chatting with your parents. They are very nice people. Were you adopted?" LOL!

Most of us know that Seattle won the championship in 2010. Some of us forget that they swept the entire playoffs, going undefeated. That was impressive.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was a very nice ceremony, with several speeches. Sue was both funny and emotional. She and LJ were one of the best duos ever to play the game and possibly the best women's duo ever.

I'm reminded of when Geno first met her. He quipped, "I was just chatting with your parents. They are very nice people. Were you adopted?" LOL!

Most of us know that Seattle won the championship in 2010. Some of us forget that they swept the entire playoffs, going undefeated. That was impressive.

I hadn't heard that story. Was that when Geno first met Sue Bird or Lauren Jackson?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is really hilarious. LJ should've played at UConn. She and Taurasi would've been like peas in a pod.
I think she and Sveta would have been quite the pair too. Sass in stereo with different accents.

Reaction Score
It will be very strange not to see Lauren Jackson playing for Australia in the Olympics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom