Lauren Cox Slept In Stewie's Bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewart Left Impression On Lauren Cox Of Baylor
By Carl Adamec

What was it?
Yikes! Read on.

In mid-October, she came here. Her host was the national Player of the Year, Breanna Stewart, and she stayed at Stewart's apartment.

"It was really pretty, I loved the campus," Cox said. "The coaches were great and the team was great. Yeah, Breanna Stewart ... She gave me her bed. I thought that said a lot about her. She's the best player in the country and she didn't have to do that. But it tells you about her character and what she's all about."

Stewart's apartment had only one bed. So the player that would lead UConn to four national championships, win four Final Four Most Outstanding Player awards, and be a three-time national Player of the Year, slept on the couch.

"I would have been fine on the couch. But she stayed on the couch and she let me sleep in her bed," Cox said.

"She's really humble and also really confident. That makes her the best player. She knows she's good, but she doesn't show it. She lets her game show it. I aspire to be like that."

Cox also aspires to follow Stewart's footsteps in another way. When she committed to UConn in January of 2011, Stewart said her goal with the Huskies was to win four national championships.

And Cox? "I have that same goal. That's what I want to do," Cox said. "I want to have a good overall experience. But my main goal, like hers was, is to win four national championships.

[LINK]

For the record, I REALLY wanted Lauren Cox to be a Storrs resident for four years. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The poor gal chose the wrong school for that dream. Shoulda learned from Aja.

Reaction Score
Cox aspirations to replicate Stewies titles in Tx is exactly what you'd expect from a talented aggressive top player to want. Only time will tell if she made a good better or worst choice for herself. She would have had a fantastic career at Uconn--who can say it won't be equaled with her choice.
As for Aja---her career isn't over yet. Nor is Turners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom