OT: Laurel View Golf | The Boneyard

OT: Laurel View Golf

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Laurel View CC in Hamden has come back from the dead? I think it has new management.

Reaction Score
Yes, I've played there twice and was about mediocre. I was particularly impressed with several fairways, the looked bad like a bulldozer ran through it. Other holes, were ok. Maybe with that new overshot, the course will greatly improve.

I like the other Hamden course (at "Sleeping Giant"?) about 15 minutes away though...right across the street...and it only has 9 holes. Thats one you might want to check out.

Reaction Score
I made a couple typos in my message above, and I don't know if this board gives us the ability to edit our messages.

Basically, Laurel is so-so and needs an overhaul on certain fairways. With right management, it has the potential to be a really good course.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Wow, a name from the past. Not to answer your question but I played there 45-50 years ago. Back then it was a decent course.

Reaction Score
Played there with a season pass for about 15 years up until 2007
The course was in decent shape
Played the course about three years ago and it had deteriorated significantly
Menchetti Had a very very long term contract to manage the course
Lots of controversy around M D M
Golf that he owned
IMHO the town mismanaged the course since day one.
It’s an interesting layout and hopefully
The conditions will improve

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
MDM Golf at its finest... google Matt Manchetti
I know all about it. Played at Laurel View a lot when I lived in Hamden. Good course that Mencetti (?) ran into the ground like every course he took over. Most sports professionals respect their sport. Keney Park returned from the dead after he was terminated. While I don’t live that far from Hamden now. I’d rather have a good take on conditions there before I give it a try.

Sleeping Giant is ok for a 9 holer Haven’t played there much.

Reaction Score
Lived near there, played a lot when I was in HS - haven't played in years due to conditions. I would give it a shot if someone says it is worth it. Layout was tough.

Reaction Score
I have been meaning to try it out. They added a new eating area ind I hear it is under new management, I played there a couple of years ago with crappy bunkers and ruts running through the fiarways. I was waiting to see if other folks took the plunge before going back.

If MDM is still here, stay away!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have been meaning to try it out. They added a new eating area ind I hear it is under new management, I played there a couple of years ago with crappy bunkers and ruts running through the fiarways. I was waiting to see if other folks took the plunge before going back.

If MDM is still here, stay away!
I’m with you. I really don’t want to bother if the place isn’t in shape. I think MDM is gone. I last played there about 6-7 years ago before it really nose-dived.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom