Latest On Sydney Moss & College Basketball's Broken System | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest On Sydney Moss & College Basketball's Broken System

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Anyone else think the title of this thread is a bit off base? "College Basketball's Broken System" Every year thousands of college athletes receive scholarships to participate in NCAA sanctioned college sports. The system isn't perfect, but IMO it isn't broken.

I'm partially with you Buff…but consider Aaron Hernandez for a moment; not as an accused felon but as 2 or 3-year college educated youth. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have surveillance video of his classwork and study habits. Now, multiply that by 50% of football players; male BB players etc.

What percentage can claim that they are "college educated?"

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
But
I'm partially with you Buff…but consider Aaron Hernandez for a moment; not as an accused felon but as 2 or 3-year college educated youth. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have surveillance video of his classwork and study habits. Now, multiply that by 50% of football players; male BB players etc.

What percentage can claim that they are "college educated?"

Probably a minority of them but who's fault is that? If the opportunity is given and they chose to squander it I can't see blaming the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Have any key starters left due to homesickness ?

Having lived in 8 states I have experienced homesickness, I outgrew it, as do most people.
Elena Delle Donne, but technically she wasn't a starter.

Reaction Score
Flynn now claiming that Moss was never denied a transfer - that it was merely a story put out there by someone.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. The "great story" was entirely one sided and smelled like a plant or an anti NCAA agenda.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/20/2723943/2012-miss-basketball-moss-most.html

So I guess Thomas More MAY be the destination for Syndey Moss...We'll have to wait and see when it's official but that's another high ranked player in that class from UF leaving for a Division 3 school closer to home...I wonder if she's just doing this to transfer on later without sitting out a year or what. No matter what best of luck to her!

Reaction Score
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/20/2723943/2012-miss-basketball-moss-most.html

So I guess Thomas More MAY be the destination for Syndey Moss...We'll have to wait and see when it's official but that's another high ranked player in that class from UF leaving for a Division 3 school closer to home...I wonder if she's just doing this to transfer on later without sitting out a year or what. No matter what best of luck to her!

More strangeness. Why the hullabaloo in the first place if she were going Div3? She didn't need a release to do that. Also didn't realize she was randy moss's daughter.

Reaction Score
Flynn now claiming that Moss was never denied a transfer - that it was merely a story put out there by someone.
Did he say who started the rumor? If the original assertion was true, I would think Florida would have trouble recruiting ANY players in the future. I know that if my daughter was good at basketball, I would discourage her from going to a program that would make it extra difficult to leave if she felt she needed to. I think the NCAA restriction of sitting out a year is enough of a penalty to keep players from transferring without a good reason.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It was originally published by some hack in Florida. The LINK is in the OP. It was one sided BS from the start. reading the article it sounds like he went off half cocked based on a whine-x from Moss herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom