Latest Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft : Kendall Reyes | The Boneyard

Latest Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft : Kendall Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Mel just released his latest NFL Mock Draft. Here is the link for those with insider access:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7575960/mel-kiper-second-mock-draft-year

For those who don't, he has just moved Reyes into the first round. Right now he is projecting him to be picked #31 overall by the New England Patriots. Here is the quick blurb:

Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
We've seen the value of Vince Wilfork, and while Reyes isn't the size of a city block, he certainly has some of the traits of a guy who can help a defense similarly. When he gets good leverage (which he usually does), Reyes is really strong and will get offensive linemen up off their feet as he pushes them into the backfield. He's not going to shed blocks as a brilliant pass-rusher would, but Reyes can develop into the guy who makes everybody else a better pass-rusher because he demands so much blocking help.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Had no idea Reyes was so high.

I always expected his stock to rise as the draft got closer. His athleticism for his size and his measurables are off the chart. And by all reports, he had a great Senior Bowl week. He may not actually get drafted in the first round (depending on trades, team needs, etc)...but he will definately be picked by the middle of the 2nd round at the latest. Guys with his size and athleticism are always in high demand in the NFL.

Reaction Score
i have a feeling the combine will help him even more. Huskies historically have done very well there, and i don't think he'll be any different. i don't know much about the other DTs are available in the draft this year, so i don't know that he'll go in the first round, but if he goes in the second i think the team that gets him will consider it a steal

Reaction Score
i have a feeling the combine will help him even more. Huskies historically have done very well there, and i don't think he'll be any different. i don't know much about the other DTs are available in the draft this year, so i don't know that he'll go in the first round, but if he goes in the second i think the team that gets him will consider it a steal
I agree, I think his measurables are going to move him up draft boards even more. There's a lot of DT talent with the potential to be selected in the 20-40 range with Reyes, Poe, Worthy, Cox, Thompson, Ta'amu. How that all shakes out will be interesting to see. Reyes fits just about every team though. He can play 3-4 DE, 4-3 DT, maybe 3-4 DT for someone like the texans.

Reaction Score
PS...I know this post has nothing to do with Randy Edsall, Maryland, or WVU/Big East expansion....so I apologize ahead of time. I thought about labeling it OT.;)
Boy, that Randy Edsall sure had an eye for talent ;). Discuss.....

There, I fixed it for you USG!!

Reaction Score
Didn't realize the Pats needed help up front I thought the rest of the def sucked? Might be a good fit in Indy with Freeney?

Reaction Score
I have been saying for most of the year he is a first rounder. Teams are running the 3-4 more and more in the NFL. And they need lineman, versatile ones at that. Reyes can play 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle, and can hold the point of attack well. His stock will only rise.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great thing for Kendall was he came in at 6' 3 7/8" and 300lbs at the Senior Bowl.

As a few have already mentioned, he did great at the Senior Bowl and his size numbers were legit.

A good pro day and combine will make sure he doesn't last past round 2.

Reaction Score
Packers need another DT and draft late in the first round also.

Reaction Score
Is he a first round pick.......YES will he go in the first round? NO.. Sorry but i dont see a GM balsy enough to take a CT player in the first round.

Reaction Score
Is he a first round pick.......YES will he go in the first round? NO.. Sorry but i dont see a GM balsy enough to take a CT player in the first round.
Why?

And the Colts took Donald Brown in the first.

Reaction Score

Ballsy enough to take a UCONN player? Scouts get paid to identify talent, and teams draft who they believe is the best talent available.

Reaction Score
Ballsy enough to take a UCONN player? Scouts get paid to identify talent, and teams draft who they believe is the best talent available.
I agree . I just think if Kendall was on Bama or Michigan he would be a top ten pick. No coat tails to ride but he is definitely a winner.

Reaction Score
There was a cb drafted by the Panthers in thethe first bout ten years back name that was from a d2 school. Not an fbs transfer either. If Kendall doesn't go in the first round it wont be because he ain't from UConn. This is a deep DT draft class with Still, Brockers, Poe, Worthy, etc. Considered first rounders. A standout combine will propel Kendall past a few of those guys imo.

Reaction Score
There was a cb drafted by the Panthers in thethe first bout ten years back name that was from a d2 school. Not an fbs transfer either. If Kendall doesn't go in the first round it wont be because he ain't from UConn. This is a deep DT draft class with Still, Brockers, Poe, Worthy, etc. Considered first rounders. A standout combine will propel Kendall past a few of those guys imo.

I think he is an end of the first round player right now, or at worst top of the second round. Lot of teams picking at the end of the draft can use Reyes versatility. The Patriots really are a perfect fit, their D Line was getting manhandled in the Super Bowl.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
if there is a run on defensive tackle I can see Reyes going in the first round. I still think he is underrated, but than again I am bias.
Still think he goes no lower than mid second round

Reaction Score
Funny how Ray rice is killin it in Baltimore and Donald brown is just as good

Reaction Score
Don't have to go back that far, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was the 16th pick of the Cardinals out of Tennessee State. And Temple had a DT go 31st last year. Guess the Cards and Jets just have balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom