Latest Gampel Roof Update Video | The Boneyard

Latest Gampel Roof Update Video

Reaction Score
Never knew that there was a practice area for the golf team in the upper area of Gampel.
Remember JC saying he didn't know it was there and once he found it he would go there and hit balls.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I was at the South Carolina 100 win game and flakes were floating down from the ceiling onto the student section.
Some of them were big too.

Reaction Score
Has it been stated whether the new roof will or won't affect crowd noise?

pj

Reaction Score
You think it would affect it?

Yes, in symphony halls the walls, ceilings, and drapes are carefully chosen to absorb or reflect sound so as to avoid echoes while providing a warm sound. If the new Gampel tiles absorb sound, the building will be quieter, but it will be easier to make out noises or voices from the court.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Start of video, outdoor background: East Campus no mas!
East Campus is in the opposite corner of campus from Gampel, on the other side of 195. West is across Hillside from McMahon and visable.

That construction visible in the video appears to be the site of the former Connecticut Commons (Grad Dorms) and is the future site of the new Student Rec. Center.

Reaction Score
East Campus is in the opposite corner of campus from Gampel, on the other side of 195. West is across Hillside from McMahon and visable.

That construction visible in the video appears to be the site of the former Connecticut Commons (Grad Dorms) and is the future site of the new Student Rec. Center.

Boy that was long overdue, those buildings looked so outdated when I was a student in the early 00's. I thought the West dorms were going to be torn down shortly after I left campus, I guess that never happened. They could really use some rebuilds there to fit more students into a space, but clearly they can only have so many areas in complete disarray.

Reaction Score
Boy that was long overdue, those buildings looked so outdated when I was a student in the early 00's. I thought the West dorms were going to be torn down shortly after I left campus, I guess that never happened. They could really use some rebuilds there to fit more students into a space, but clearly they can only have so many areas in complete disarray.
Last summer they remodeled all of the bathrooms in West at least. I thought they'd come down with all of those brown houses they're pulling down for the green space over there personally, but alas they remain.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I lived in Hollister for a year and half and I loved it, but that was before they closed the small dorm dining halls.

Reaction Score

Yeah those are the old grad dorms. That's where the new student rec facility is going up. Exactly right.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I lived in Hollister for a year and half and I loved it, but that was before they closed the small dorm dining halls.
I lived in Wheeler in South. Having your own chef for a 60 person dorm was pretty darn sweet.

Damn though Gampel looks pretty good. I've said it before, but I suspect that they will put, what is in effect an IMAX screen, to good use for introductions.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
I lived in Wheeler in South. Having your own chef for a 60 person dorm was pretty darn sweet.

Damn though Gampel looks pretty good. I've said it before, but I suspect that they will put, what is in effect an IMAX screen, to good use for introductions.
Is there any room in the budget for a 3D projector, a la the Cleveland Cavaliers?

Reaction Score

I lived in Shakespeare in West for two years. Some of the best times of my life. We had a chef for the first year and a half. Can't remember his name, but the dude was great, would make you anything you wanted, and was bar none, the greatest whistler in the history of ever. Miss him making me omelettes for dinner.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Last summer they remodeled all of the bathrooms in West at least. I thought they'd come down with all of those brown houses they're pulling down for the green space over there personally, but alas they remain.

I did that job. Didnt see the finish product though. They were run down but the dorm rooms themselves were serviceable.

Reaction Score
AD Dave just said on WTIC/UConn Football Pre-game Show that Gampel Roof/Ceiling project will be completed in time for season opener. Last “triangles” raised in next week or two then clean-up.

Discussions are starting regarding some type of First Night event to introduce new players but early in process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom