Latest bracketology (Jan. 2) | The Boneyard

Latest bracketology (Jan. 2)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man... if Marquette ends up as the #3 seed in Greensboro

real mad.gif

Reaction Score
WOW! UCF replaces USF at the dance from the AAC. I can't really say that I'm surprised. I watched Coach Abe when she was up at Albany. I expected her to make some noise in the AAC. Perhaps Jose will have something to say about this before we get to March though. :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
WOW, South Carolina/Virginia Tech in the Second Round. Then the possibility of Minnesota or Iowa State in the Regional Semi's and then Depaul, Tennessee, Rutgers, or NC State in the Regional Finals. I wonder who will say that UConn has the easiest road to the Final Four this year, at least it won't come from any of the teams listed above.

Reaction Score
WOW, South Carolina/Virginia Tech in the Second Round. Then the possibility of Minnesota or Iowa State in the Regional Semi's and then Depaul, Tennessee, Rutgers, or NC State in the Regional Finals. I wonder who will say that UConn has the easiest road to the Final Four this year, at least it won't come from any of the teams listed above.

I will be bold enough to say, based on Charlie's bracket, UConn does have the easiest road to the Final Four of the four regionals. (as shown)

Frankly looking at the Albany bracket, if the games were to be held now, would be the easiest of the four brackets. When NC State is the 2nd seed in that region...what else can one say?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In all honesty, no one in the Albany region concerns me, particularly at Storrs and the TUC. SC is a fraction of their former selves. MN’s bubble just got burst. Depaul, Rutgers & NC State are just not in UConn’s class. TN probably has the most talent but that is offset by HW.

In each of the other 3 regions, there are numerous mid-major land mines (Central MI, Gonzaga, etc.) and at least one potential heavyweight matchup in the Elite 8: ND-Baylor, Louisville-Stanford, Oregon-MS St.

Reaction Score
With the exception of the Portland bracket, I would thoroughly enjoy watching any of the top 4 seeds play each other in the regional semis/finals. Wonder how the year will shake out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I assume Creme made a mistake when he drew this bracket... but he has Marquette being the top seeded team in first round games in Spokane.... and Gonzaga being the top seeded team in first round games in Minneapolis.

Reaction Score
His article regarding it also said Indiana is undefeated. They are not and have a bad loss.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
His article regarding it also said Indiana is undefeated. They are not and have a bad loss.
Yes, I noticed that too. I'm assuming he did a lot of the drafting of his article before Indiana lost to Grambling just before Christmas.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Too much EggNog this holiday season? :rolleyes: You may want to re-look at the these teams you seem to be so concerned about...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait, why would this be a bad thing?

Doesnt strike me as a program that would bring many fans to Greensboro. I still am hoping for a Miss State, Pac 12, Maryland, NC State regional. Or perhaps a Louisville, Maryland, TN, Pac 12 regional.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Doesnt strike me as a program that would bring many fans to Greensboro. I still am hoping for a Miss State, Pac 12, Maryland, NC State regional. Or perhaps a Louisville, Maryland, TN, Pac 12 regional.
Well, the 'projection' of which teams will be sent where is the most speculative part of bracketology by far. Never mind the fact that more than half the season remains to be played before resumes are final.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, the 'projection' of which teams will be sent where is the most speculative part of bracketology by far. Never mind the fact that more than half the season remains to be played before resumes are final.

I know.... I just had to get my weekly Big East rant out of the way. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just going to ignore this until we are at least halfway through the conference games.

Reaction Score
I would think there's a good chance of Marquette or DePaul being in the Chicago region. Committee would also love for Syracuse to be in Albany.

Funny enough shaping up to be a tough year in Greensboro. If Louisville & Miss St are there that locks out the Carolina teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No LSU

Ha it's a little early to fret. Notice that he has LSU on the bubble (among the "first four out"). They already have a quality win over Florida State and they'll have ample opportunities for more in the SEC. I don't think they can beat Mississippi State, but Fargas's style allows LSU to stay with and maybe upset a lot of teams.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
After looking at the schools Charlie has in the field, I find myself saying “it’s only Jan 2, it’s only Jan 2..”
To me, 7 SEC schools is too many, SC, Auburn are highly suspect.
Big10 while having good parity probably has too many as well-IU, Rutgers victory over MD notwithstanding have more to prove.
PAC12 with 6 seems short, UCLA, USC and even AZ may need better looks.
ACC may be light a team as well.

My contention in general is, I prefer less P5 schools vs. a Strong 2 place, at large bid like a South Dakota or Drake (if they don’t win the conference). Think of the excitement we had with Central Michigan, Buffalo and Quinnipeac making the sweet 16s. Give them a CHANCE!
But like I said, it’s only Jan 2...

Reaction Score
Ha it's a little early to fret. Notice that he has LSU on the bubble (among the "first four out"). They already have a quality win over Florida State and they'll have ample opportunities for more in the SEC. I don't think they can beat Mississippi State, but Fargas's style allows LSU to stay with and maybe upset a lot of teams.

Having watched a lot of SEC teams this year, the conference doesn't look or play strong overall. No chance in hell we are beating Miss St. I feel like we will have an 8-8 type year in the conference, we will likely pull off an upset or two but probably drop one that we shouldn't. No different than any other year under Nikki.

We open up against Georgia tomorrow. I have not been impressed with Georgia's play so far this season. There is talent on that team but they have yet to play to their potential. We all know things get crazy, for good and bad in conference play.

Tomorrow will be a fun night, I'll watch LSU then get to see Baylor and UCONN after :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Having watched a lot of SEC teams this year, the conference doesn't look or play strong overall. No chance in hell we are beating Miss St. I feel like we will have an 8-8 type year in the conference, we will likely pull off an upset or two but probably drop one that we shouldn't. No different than any other year under Nikki.

We open up against Georgia tomorrow. I have not been impressed with Georgia's play so far this season. There is talent on that team but they have yet to play to their potential. We all know things get crazy, for good and bad in conference play.

Tomorrow will be a fun night, I'll watch LSU then get to see Baylor and UCONN after :)
I agree with you on every point. Georgia and Missouri have both been disappointments so far. Georgia started off ranked in the top 25, but has lost to UCLA, Georgia Tech and Villanova. The SEC has a large mushy middle consisting of Georgia, Missouri, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn and Arkansas, and time will tell which of these teams emerge as at-large teams and which don't.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I will be bold enough to say, based on Charlie's bracket, UConn does have the easiest road to the Final Four of the four regionals. (as shown)

Frankly looking at the Albany bracket, if the games were to be held now, would be the easiest of the four brackets. When NC State is the 2nd seed in that region...what else can one say?

That sounds a little disrespectful to NC State. I'm going to chalk that up to lack of knowledge about the Wolfpack Women.

Reaction Score
That sounds a little disrespectful to NC State. I'm going to chalk that up to lack of knowledge about the Wolfpack Women.

Sorry you felt that way, if you thought I was disrespecting the Wolfpack, do you feel the same way towards the voters on the AP and Coaches polls that places them #9, in both polls? In any other bracketology that would be a 3 seed. The Wolfpack have a lofty 13-0 OOC but looking with a fine tooth comb, 6 of those wins came against teams with RPI's 101-200 and 2 teams with RPI's 201-351. I wouldn't fret over this, it's early and Charlie Creme is usually wrong for the most part.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Sorry you felt that way, if you thought I was disrespecting the Wolfpack, do you feel the same way towards the voters on the AP and Coaches polls that places them #9, in both polls? In any other bracketology that would be a 3 seed. The Wolfpack have a lofty 13-0 OOC but looking with a fine tooth comb, 6 of those wins came against teams with RPI's 101-200 and 2 teams with RPI's 201-351. I wouldn't fret over this, it's early and Charlie Creme is usually wrong for the most part.

No...until the Wolfpack Women play some of the top teams, they don't deserve to be any higher in the polls than they are now. I am hoping for a solid win tonight against Duke to show we are worthy of being ranked where we are now. We do have wins over Michigan and have handed Michigan State their only loss so far so there is that to hang our hat on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom