Latest Blauds Article | The Boneyard

Latest Blauds Article

Reaction Score
Have at it!

Attachments

• Can Big Time CFB in NE Ever Thrive.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 359
Reaction Score
Been said a long time here. Can't turn up our noses at UMass if we expect BC to schedule us.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this for a while. These dhould be annual games. Perfect scenario we would play UMass to open the season and BC to close it and BC would play UMass at some point too. Set it up like the Commander in Chiefs Trophy among Army Navy and Air Force with the winner of both games getting a trophy or a pennant or something. The scheduling dates are less important than just scheduling both. And they need to do the same. If one of us was a dominant program (and no, BC fans, you're not. You are the Indiana of the ACC) it might not work but where all are right now it is feasible and would benefit all. I'd even make UConn-BC a Fenway event annually if necessary to make this happen. And I don't like neutral site games nor playing in baseball stadiums.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've been saying this for a while. These dhould be annual games. Perfect scenario we would play UMass to open the season and BC to close it and BC would play UMass at some point too. Set it up like the Commander in Chiefs Trophy among Army Navy and Air Force with the winner of both games getting a trophy or a pennant or something. The scheduling dates are less important than just scheduling both. And they need to do the same. If one of us was a dominant program (and no, BC fans, you're not. You are the Indiana of the ACC) it might not work but where all are right now it is feasible and would benefit all. I'd even make UConn-BC a Fenway event annually if necessary to make this happen. And I don't like neutral site games nor playing in baseball stadiums.

I think all parties want to see how the Fenway game plays out. If actual attendance reaches 90% of capacity and the game is entertaining (close), then that should set things up well for more integration. If attendance is thin and/or the game another blow out, BC just might think they are better off playing someone else. I think all parties want to see how this year and next (with UMass) goes before signing each up for more.

Reaction Score
Yup, there needs to be an annual Swamp Yankee Series with each playing the other for New England bragging rights. There should be an old Revere Lantern as the Trophy. NE football needs to stoke regional fan rivalry again to drive interest and eyeballs....might make more sense than the Civil Conflict and K-Mart trophy.

Reaction Score
The problem with UMass is that I don't think they will stay FBS in football. How can they without a conference? And, they don't have the resources or support to get an invite. UMass averaged 14,510 and 11,124 in attendance the past 2 years. If people think UConn was late to the party in upgrading to FBS football, UMass upgraded after the party was over.

UConn has 4 out of conference games per year and our goal is to keep pushing UConn towards joining a P5 Conference. That means we have to try to play a couple of P5 teams per year to prove we are a competitive football team. So, we can't lock in an annual game with UMass, although I think it is OK to play them every so often.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The problem with UMass is that I don't think they will stay FBS in football. How can they without a conference? And, they don't have the resources or support to get an invite. UMass averaged 14,510 and 11,124 in attendance the past 2 years. If people think UConn was late to the party in upgrading to FBS football, UMass upgraded after the party was over.

UConn has 4 out of conference games per year and our goal is to keep pushing UConn towards joining a P5 Conference. That means we have to try to play a couple of P5 teams per year to prove we are a competitive football team. So, we can't lock in an annual game with UMass, although I think it is OK to play them every so often.
Last year and this year it's 3 P5 and a FCS. Before that it was pretty much the same but sub in Boise St and BYU. And moving forward it looks to be the trend outside of the UMass games as we have series with Indiana, Illinois, NC State scheduled plus another Cuse game, Boise St. and more BC games and of course our epic show down in Death Valley. We haven't played low level FBS teams (outside of Army, sorry soldiers) in a while and can't really afford to. I'd like a yearly game with UMass if it replaces our FCS games but not crazy about it as one of our 3 other OOC games.

Reaction Score
That UConn/BC game should be played at Gillette Stadium once UConn wins a couple against BC and the football rivalry starts to look and feel like an actual rivalry. Playing football at a baseball stadium? Give me a break. Didn't the old Boston Patriots try and fail at that?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is not a slight at UMass, but no, no, no. We only have 3 revenue generating and fan/greater CFB interest generating spots on the schedule and at least one of those are road games. If you want to swap UMass for Holy Cross, RI, or Maine, go for it but, filling the other spots with non-P5 teams is program suicide.

For the record I would swap UMass for Tulane or ECU in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
I'm with Calhoun - never play BC in any sport!
Sorry but ego and hurt feelings can't get in the way of our best interests going forward. I'd rather play BC every year in every sport and fill arenas/stadiums with loud passionate fanbases from both schools. New England collegiate sports fans deserve it. UConn's future hope for the P-5 demands it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
An actual Revolutionary War artifact. I like the idea even though it would be quite expensive.
Throw this onto the wood pedestal and be done:
fig032.jpg

Call it the Patriot Trophy. (Yes I know it is a "minuteman" but really it's not like UMass would be taking it home anytime soon.)

Reaction Score
Does having annual games vs BC at Fenway hurt UConns NY market exposure?

Reaction Score
Edsall said the Program is "much worse" than it was as he left in Jan 2010? I guess I've not seen Edsall opine that. Was that made with much fanfare? How did I miss that?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The BCU stabbed us in back I suggest the Benedict Arnold Cup.
How about the Battle of New England or BONE for short. Fits in with the PAWS ARF meme.

Reaction Score
Edsall said the Program is "much worse" than it was as he left in Jan 2010? I guess I've not seen Edsall opine that. Was that made with much fanfare? How did I miss that?

I wonder if there's a hidden meaning with that quote. I hope he's not already making excuses.

Reaction Score
The BCU stabbed us in back I suggest the Benedict Arnold Cup.
i like it but for one minor problem, why would you want to win it, seems like the way it works is the loser has to keep it!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
A good old fashioned brawl (on the field) in fenway this year would guarantee butts in seats next year. Weve gone soft in hoops and been lame in football. We need to start acting like the aholios we really are. Nothing is more of a rallying cry then some good old fisticuffs.

Or Edsall chucking a hot dog at Addazio. (Shout out to joe monroe)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom