Latest Big East women's basketball weekly awards announced | The Boneyard

Latest Big East women's basketball weekly awards announced

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Women's Basketball 12/28/2020 10:59:50 AM

DePaul’s Sonya Morris and Creighton’s Emma Ronsiek pick up weekly honors.​

Note...........NEW YORK – The BIG EAST Conference has announced the Xavier at St. John’s women’s basketball game scheduled for Jan. 6 has been postponed. The Red Storm announced a pause in team activities due to positive COVID-19 test results impacting tier one staff members.

No makeup date has been announced.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the Big East folks got dooped by that game and gave the awards to players from that game. DePaul played absolutely no defense and just chucked up 3 pt shots with almost no aim and didn't make hardly any. DePaul should have put that game away before half time but they were trying to get Jori Allen back in game shape.

I watched that game and don't think anyone deserved awards for it. For some, I guess it was entertaining but not good basketball.

The real winner was Evina but she played good all around basketball on both ends of the court that wasn't flashy so of course she couldn't win...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the Big East folks got dooped by that game and gave the awards to players from that game. DePaul played absolutely no defense and just chucked up 3 pt shots with almost no aim and didn't make hardly any. DePaul should have put that game away before half time but they were trying to get Jori Allen back in game shape.

I watched that game and don't think anyone deserved awards for it. For some, I guess it was entertaining but not good basketball.

The real winner was Evina but she played good all around basketball on both ends of the court that wasn't flashy so of course she couldn't win...

Any reason to give any award to a non UConn player will be happily jumped on. That is fine with me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sonya Morris is having a very strong season so far (aside from a nightmare outing vs. Louisville), and I'm glad to see her garner some well-earned recognition.

Against Texas A&M, Morris had 22 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals. In DePaul's takedown of then-9th-ranked Kentucky, Morris torched the woeful Wildcats with 23 points on 8-13 FG shooting (and 3-4 from 3) to go with 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

You won't catch me joining in the chorus of ungracious boo-birds. Congrats to Sonya Morris.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom