Late UCLA Article | The Boneyard

Late UCLA Article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn Women: Finding An Identity In Win Over UCLA

“This was a perfect opportunity to prove that we’re not just going to roll out there and say, we’re entitled to winning,” Auriemma said. “We’re willing to fight for it. That’s what happened.”

And I love it when people say "Just wait 'til they have to play at our place." 'Cuz...

“Whatever the crowd that somebody draws at home, it’s going to be a lot different when we come in,” Auriemma said. “We know that. It’s probably going to be the biggest crowd they’re going to draw. We’re OK with that. Contrary to what people might think, it actually helps us because we feed off the energy of the crowd. We certainly never get bored with playing in these environments. We kind of get charged up about it.’

Reaction Score
UConn Women: Finding An Identity In Win Over UCLA

“This was a perfect opportunity to prove that we’re not just going to roll out there and say, we’re entitled to winning,” Auriemma said. “We’re willing to fight for it. That’s what happened.”

And I love it when people say "Just wait 'til they have to play at our place." 'Cuz...

“Whatever the crowd that somebody draws at home, it’s going to be a lot different when we come in,” Auriemma said. “We know that. It’s probably going to be the biggest crowd they’re going to draw. We’re OK with that. Contrary to what people might think, it actually helps us because we feed off the energy of the crowd. We certainly never get bored with playing in these environments. We kind of get charged up about it.’
With Geno and company---it's almost an insult to go into a venue and have a small crowd. The bigger the crowd the better--but I can think of one game where ND had a big crowd at one of the NCAA games in the ND market--Faris vs Diggins, I think Diggies frosh year. Not a happy experience.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you have not experienced the lash of losing, can you know the unbridled joy of winning the crown?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson
Top Bottom