Late game situations | The Boneyard

Late game situations

Reaction Score
I know we haven't had these problems as of late but we are bound to in the future. I can say that there have been a few times where I scream at my TV over some of the late game play calling (Seton Hall, WVU, Providence). I rewatched the Auburn game today and it seemed like almost every possession when they needed a bucket they would give it to Tyrese in the post. Why would they go away from this? It wasn't like teams were denying him the ball.

Reaction Score
I know we haven't had these problems as of late but we are bound to in the future. I can say that there have been a few times where I scream at my TV over some of the late game play calling (Seton Hall, WVU, Providence). I rewatched the Auburn game today and it seemed like almost every possession when they needed a bucket they would give it to Tyrese in the post. Why would they go away from this? It wasn't like teams were denying him the ball.

That is a very matchup dependent strategy for late-games. Tyrese is also streaky. He was clearly on fire that game, and going to him for the post-up made sense. In most cases, a post-up isn't nearly as good of a shot as trying to get a Sanogo dunk, a 3 from one of our good shooters, or a drive.

Reaction Score
With this team go to the best match up that can make clutch free throws. No one has shown they are the one so have to go with hot hand at the time. Work in progress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom