Last week and a half | The Boneyard

Last week and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The last week and a half were a lot of fun. You can't get down by 20+ to the best team in the country, glad we showed heart in the second half and didn't give up. This was a flawed team but they gave us some great moments this last 1.5 weeks. I want to thank Miller and Gibbs for finishing their careers here and Phil and Omar will also be missed. I'm really looking forward to our team next year, it should be more in line with past great UConn lineups.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The last week and a half were a lot of fun. You can't get down by 20+ to the best team in the country, glad we showed heart in the second half and didn't give up. This was a flawed team but they gave us some great moments this last 1.5 weeks. I want to thank Miller and Gibbs for finishing their careers here and Phil will also be missed. I'm really looking forward to our team next year, it should be more in line with past great UConn lineups.
Omar as well.

And yes, next year this team should be better. I'm looking forward to improved versions of Jalen, Rodney, DHam, Kentan, Amida & Shonn. Hoping for a trip to the second weekend of the tourney, and maybe beyond.

EDIT: Wrote "Shonn", meant "Steve." But... yeah.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Omar as well.

And yes, next year this team should be better. I'm looking forward to improved versions of Jalen, Rodney, DHam, Kentan, Amida & Shonn. Hoping for a trip to the second weekend of the tourney, and maybe beyond.

Hate to break it to you, but Shonn is not coming back. Wish he was....

Reaction Score
I think if you asked rational fans before the Cincinnati game if they would take a 2nd round loss to the overall number one seed in the tournament it would up be an easy yes for the most part. Sucks we bombed another entire half, but on some level that's an appropriate way for this team to go out.

I'm excited for next year.

Edit: and yikes, at least we aren't a 3 seed getting housed by an 11 seed by almost 30 with 4 minutes left.

Thanks for giving us a Pac-12 team in the first round, NCAA tournament committee! We owe you one.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We did show a lot after spitting the bit early on.

The biggest thing was we can't let a team like that run the way they did early on. One thing that sticks in my craw is that without being selfish or expecting miracles, there were at least twelve points we left off the scoreboard by missing easily makeable shots. We could have made them sweat a bit more than they did but they did (as some great UConn teams in the past had done) make the necessary shots in key possessions when a stop by us may have put the outcome in the balance.

Reaction Score
We showed more toughness than we had all year. The problem was, we ran into the one team against which our consistent slow starts would bury us.

Reaction Score
Omar as well.

Can't believe I forgot Omar, wish he could have got some run in his final game, he is a true Husky. Looks like you had a brainfart as well with Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom