last night we witnessed... | The Boneyard

last night we witnessed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
a beautiful brand of basketball. UConn Style!

those backdoor plays worked to perfection... Geno went in his man-purse and pulled out his 2008-09 playbook!

Tiffany is the Boneyard's All-American

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

those backdoor plays worked to perfection... Geno went in his man-purse and pulled out his 2008-09 playbook!

Tiffany is the Boneyard's All-American
well...I think that Kelly also gets props, too. Loved the ovation she got, well deserved.

Reaction Score
Kentucky loves to play that aggressive (sometimes over-aggressive) in-your-face man defense. I knew Geno would make them pay for it.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc is a leading finalist for the 2012 TonyC Award. This distinguished award is presented annually to the Boneyarder who consistently displays the greatest joy, unbridled effervescence and pieces of flair for Husky basketball! :D

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
well...I think that Kelly also gets props, too. Loved the ovation she got, well deserved.

Kelly's last "foul" was a think of beauty. Body control, hand on top of the ball, and from my vantage, not a hint of foulness.

Reaction Score
I have to say, Tiff to Kellly's miraculous reception and score as the first half ended, helped, but I was really nervous about the game at halftime. Every time I looked up, there was another Kentucky player coming into the game to hack away and wear down our troops. It was like all those clowns coming out of the Volkswagon at the circus. Fifteen players on their roster - I had to look it up. But, no worries - this team is special!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kelly's last "foul" was a think of beauty. Body control, hand on top of the ball, and from my vantage, not a hint of foulness.
It was a high risk play and given her 4 fouls she probably shouldn't have attempted it, but it was clean and no foul. On the other hand you can't tell a honey badger to not be a honey badger.

Reaction Score
Tiffany certainly was all over the floor, literally, and it appeared that she was well prepared for it. Did anyone else notice during one of her under-the basket mini naps, the camera angle showed that she was wearing armor plated compression/sliding shorts under her uniform? No wonder she can take all those dives. (Not TMI I hope).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

It's the same playbook. He always makes some adjustments during the NCAA's as compared to the regular season. They are running the same offense, just creating some different cuts off of it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
On the other hand you can't tell a honey badger to not be a honey badger.
You can, but they won't listen to you, because they don't care.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice during one of her under-the basket mini naps, the camera angle showed that she was wearing armor plated compression/sliding shorts under her uniform? No wonder she can take all those dives. (Not TMI I hope).
Yep, UConn players frequently wear those.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tiffany certainly was all over the floor, literally, and it appeared that she was well prepared for it. Did anyone else notice during one of her under-the basket mini naps, the camera angle showed that she was wearing armor plated compression/sliding shorts under her uniform? No wonder she can take all those dives. (Not TMI I hope).

Yep, UConn players frequently wear those.
yup they've been wearing those for years... Geno says they dress like they're going to war

Reaction Score
It was a high risk play and given her 4 fouls she probably shouldn't have attempted it, but it was clean and no foul. On the other hand you can't tell a honey badger to not be a honey badger.

Neither Geno nor CD were upset with Kelly for picking up her 5th foul that way. I'm not sure that Kelly instructions weren't to just go play, rather than to avoid her 5th foul at all cost. UConn had control of the game when Geno put her back in. I thought he put her in to settle the team down and buy some rest for a couple of players, but didn't put her in with the expectation that she was going to be anything other than a honey badger. Sometimes coach's have different expectations from what fans assume.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Neither Geno nor CD were upset with Kelly for picking up her 5th foul that way. I'm not sure that Kelly instructions weren't to just go play, rather than to avoid her 5th foul at all cost. UConn had control of the game when Geno put her back in. I thought he put her in to settle the team down and buy some rest for a couple of players, but didn't put her in with the expectation that she was going to be anything other than a honey badger. Sometimes coach's have different expectations from what fans assume.
I think you are very right. Geno would not want to defang Kelly.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Plus, as noted elsewhere, the technical on Mitchell a half minute before possibly put the refs in make-up set of mind, as they whistled UConn 3 times in the next few minutes. Probably thought Mitchell would change his next comment to, "You're missing a lousy game" if they didn't call it on Kelly. UK came into the game ranked 324th of 336 teams with 19.7 fouls per game, so 22 was pretty much the standard for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom