Last 10 conference openers | The Boneyard

Last 10 conference openers

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
2-8
Only wins in that stretch we’re ‘15-‘16 vs Tulane and 11-12 USF.
I think if I bothered going back further it’s not much better.
This is very interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JC in his later years did a poor job of having the team ready for BE play.

Performance under KO speaks for itself, with a hangover into this year.

Reaction Score
Three different coach’s during that stretch. One commonality is all played a pre-conference schedule featuring zero games played on opposing teams home court and heavily padded with cream filled squishy cupcakes.
The teams learned nothing but bad habits and were unprepared to face for the first time a halfway decent team on their home court.
In keeping with BY tradition, I submit this thesis strictly from the memory bowels without bothering with unearthing a single supporting fact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JC in his later years did a poor job of having the team ready for BE play.

Performance under KO speaks for itself, with a hangover into this year.
I remember when we opened Big East play in 2009 vs Georgetown in Hartford. We were down 18-1 to open the game and eventually lost. That was obviously a Final Four team, but its just crazy how many times we come out flat to open conference play.

Reaction Score
2006 @Marquette, the Steve Novak game, also comes to mind.
That was a crazy one. Novak scored like 40. Looking back on it now, its not as bad since Novak showed he actually was a solid player with an NBA career

Reaction Score
I remember when we opened Big East play in 2009 vs Georgetown in Hartford. We were down 18-1 to open the game and eventually lost. That was obviously a Final Four team, but its just crazy how many times we come out flat to open conference play.

Roy Hibbert was a beast

Reaction Score
Three different coach’s during that stretch. One commonality is all played a pre-conference schedule featuring zero games played on opposing teams home court and heavily padded with cream filled squishy cupcakes.
The teams learned nothing but bad habits and were unprepared to face for the first time a halfway decent team on their home court.
In keeping with BY tradition, I submit this thesis strictly from the memory bowels without bothering with unearthing a single supporting fact.
Last year we played Oregon ,30 win MSU , and Arkansas on consecutive days in Oregon
Then we Played true road games at Arizona and Auburn ( SEC Champs)
After that gauntlet,
Our first AAC game was with pre season top ten team WSU .
Does that sound like a bunch of Cupcakes.

Reaction Score
I believe this was the game where Greg Monroe was allowed an hour to replace his contacts. The XL center crowd was not very happy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
2006 @Marquette, the Steve Novak game, also comes to mind.
Well that was Marquette’s first BE game (if I remember correctly) and they were VERY VERY amped to welcome in the Huskies. This may have been the game the curse began

Reaction Score
2-8.
Only wins in that stretch were ‘10-‘11 vs USF and ‘15-‘16 vs Tulane.
I think if I bothered going back further it’s not much better.
This is very interesting.
I believe the 10-11 team lost their BE opener against Pitt. I think you are thinking of the 11-12 team.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Well that was Marquette’s first BE game (if I remember correctly) and they were VERY VERY amped to welcome in the Huskies. This may have been the game the curse began
I was just a little kid, but I remember this game and thinking, who the hell is Marquette and how did we lose by 40?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I was just a little kid, but I remember this game and thinking, who the hell is Marquette and how did we lose by 40?
the 'steve novak game.' somehow unforgettable to all of us husky fans, though unimportant in and of itself. pretty cool. we funny like that, but why? idk, maybe its a dawg dna thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom