Las Vegas v. Washington, May 21 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas v. Washington, May 21

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just got home from the Mystics v. Aces game. It would up being fun after an ugly start. Execution was spotty on an off.

The Mystics were ice cold and were shooting only 20% late in the first half, in which they rallied only 23. EDD had 17 of those. She had all of the Mystics 9 in Q1.

Vegas got the lead to about 15, but the Mystics chipped away. The first Washington lead came in the middle of Q4.

Players who looked good:

EDD, of course. She had 23 and 11. She was matched up with Wilson.

The Mystics won because Tiana Hawkins and Ariel Atkins combined for 32 points, most/all of them in the second half. They made 3 treys each; EDD and Toliver added 1 each.

I thought Lindsay Allen looked pretty good. She played 34 minutes and tallied 8 points and 6 assists.

A’ja looked like she did in college: very strong on the boards, very left-handed, range to about 8’. She had 16 and 8 on 6-16 shooting and 4-8 FTs. She got at least one generous call on a blocked shot.

Tamara Young and Nia Coffee provided most of the rest of the scoring. They looked pretty good. Clearly, Plum, Jefferson, and KMac will give them better guard play.

I think Washington missed Meesseman. She’s much more talented offensively than Krystal Thomas. They also missed Tayler Hill.

Players who did/played little:

Walker-Kimbrough played only 7 minutes.

Shoni missed 3 treys in her 4 minutes.

Bone had 3 assists, but got only 11 minutes.

Nared did ok with 7 points in 15 minutes.

Mo Currie was scoreless in 18 minutes.

Swords did ok on defense, but is not a shooter.

Reaction Score
I get to see the Mystics Sunday against the Lynx.

Krystal Thomas has had a longer WNBA career than expected.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the Mystics are very good. They are 2-0 but played perhaps the the two worst teams in the league to start the season. Having to make a big comeback against the depleted Aces is not a good sign.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the Mystics are very good. They are 2-0 but played perhaps the the two worst teams in the league to start the season. Having to make a big comeback against the depleted Aces is not a good sign.
I agree. I think they miss both Tayler Hill and Emma Meesseman. They look like a playoff team, but a borderline one. Vegas had them down but couldn’t keep them down. I believe the game was tied in the last minute, but the Mystics executed better down the stretch.

Vegas and Indy probably are the 2 weakest teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I get to see the Mystics Sunday against the Lynx.

Krystal Thomas has had a longer WNBA career than expected.
Go Minnesota! Go Maya! Sorry I’ll miss you guys!

Yeah, Krystal is an adequate rebounder and defender, but not an offensive threat. She has found a good situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom