Las Vegas Review: Marinatto to meet with CUSA and MWC tomorrow (Wed.) in NY | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Review: Marinatto to meet with CUSA and MWC tomorrow (Wed.) in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/mountain...ast-chief-about-joining-forces-132528493.html

BY MARK ANDERSON
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Posted: Oct. 25, 2011 | 7:47 a.m.

Commissioners from the Mountain West Conference and Conference USA are scheduled to meet with the head of the Big East Conference on Wednesday to discuss the formation of one 28-to 32-football team super conference to try to gain automatic Bowl Championship Series status."

So far Marinatto's August discussions with the ACC and Big 12 have turned out wonderfully. Might as well go for a trifecta!

Don't fret, Notre Dame is engaged and a wonderful partner, and is deserving of the expansion chair.. Ask Texas!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Banowsky, Thompson and Marinatto will have a round table on how all three can keep their jobs. The right move is probably that a new conference is formed of the "best of the rest" and the UAB's and UNLV's of the world drop to the Sun Belt and WAC where they belong.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the play is to see if you can cobble together an 8 team FB only conference that can maintain a BCS bid.
Why share with 32 teams when most are not BCS worthy and you only need 8.

The trick will be finding good FB only teams that want to try it as a foster home. The only certain thing is that it will be a temporary arrangement. No one will be fooled otherwise. I think the BBs dissolve the FB side by blocking any all-sports expansions.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's a bag of money for the Patriarca family. They won big on the side wager..

Either that or its 2012 and Marionette is only doing his Master's bidding. Playing the Lord of Chaos.

Chaos (kā`ōs), in Greek religion and mythology, vacant, unfathomable space.

Reaction Score
Hey, anything's possible, and if this train doesn't actually wreck and gets on track for a nationwide conference??

In that case, I'm all for the SEC to beg harder for more BCS bids allowed from the same conference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone still believe that Blaudshun's article was nothing but a ploy to embarrass the BE?

I am convinced that the plan (once Pitt & Cuse left) was to allow this to happen. I am also convinced that (although they supposedly agreed in unanimity) there was never any intention of adding football members (the hard line Marinatto took on Nova as the only possible tenth can only be explained this way).

Next stop, a BE that (aside from allowing a portion of its name on what will be a football only conference with not only the best, but also the middle and the worst of two non BCS conferences) operates in all sports but football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom