Larry Brown talks UConn, Ryan Boatright, Amida Brimah ... and Allen Iverson's love of practice | The Boneyard

Larry Brown talks UConn, Ryan Boatright, Amida Brimah ... and Allen Iverson's love of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He sounds like a really smart guy. Last year, it felt like KO was not ready to counter Larry Brown as yet. They had the better game plan and beat us. This would be a really good win for Kevin Ollie (and everyone else in Huskyville), let's hope we come out and smack em like we did against Tulsa. That was a big part of our NCAA run....coming out strong at the beginning of most games, and this team will play a whole lot better when ahead. Hopefully this will be another springboard game, building confidence.

Reaction Score
If anyone ever doubts UConn again this season, please just direct them to this quote from the great LB...

“They were great last night. They would’ve beaten anybody, I think. They’ve got the best shot-blocker in the country ... God, he’s unbelievable. (Daniel) Hamilton is one of the best young players I saw. They’re pretty versatile. Then they’ve got Boatright. You’ve got a kid that’s won before. When things go bad, you can look to him, he can bail you out on the offensive end. And then on the defensive end, you’ve got somebody that goes after every shot. I was walking today with some of my staff. If you ask me to take one guy in our conference, besides some of the kids you hear mostly about, I’d take that center who corrects everything, every mistake you make. And he plays with passion. I think they’re only gonna get better. Hamilton’s still young, and he’s figuring it out. I like their team.”

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If anyone ever doubts UConn again this season, please just direct them to this quote from the great LB...

“They were great last night. They would’ve beaten anybody, I think. They’ve got the best shot-blocker in the country ... God, he’s unbelievable. (Daniel) Hamilton is one of the best young players I saw. They’re pretty versatile. Then they’ve got Boatright. You’ve got a kid that’s won before. When things go bad, you can look to him, he can bail you out on the offensive end. And then on the defensive end, you’ve got somebody that goes after every shot. I was walking today with some of my staff. If you ask me to take one guy in our conference, besides some of the kids you hear mostly about, I’d take that center who corrects everything, every mistake you make. And he plays with passion. I think they’re only gonna get better. Hamilton’s still young, and he’s figuring it out. I like their team.”
This is called coach speak - did you expect him to say negative things??
Make sure you post the quote from the coach who is playing CCSU, who has 3 wins, and says basically the opposite of what you saw here. Don't waste your time looking for it...you will see stuff like 'they have a great coach, they have a good D, they can be scary on offense, so and so can take over a game, this will be a dog fight'.

Reaction Score
Make sure you post the quote from the coach who is playing CCSU, who has 3 wins, and says basically the opposite of what you saw here. Don't waste your time looking for it...you will see stuff like 'they have a great coach, they have a good D, they can be scary on offense, so and so can take over a game, this will be a dog fight'.

Was speaking to doubting BYarders...Obviously know what coach talk is.
All I'm getting at is the negativity on this board gets so overwhelming all the time. Our future is bright. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Was speaking to doubting BYarders...Obviously know what coach talk is.
All I'm getting at is the negativity on this board gets so overwhelming all the time. Our future is bright. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Don't start liking football...

Reaction Score
that wasn't 'coach speak' at all, it was an actually pretty in depth and concise quote. i dont see many cliches in there

Bonehead

Reaction Score
that wasn't 'coach speak' at all, it was an actually pretty in depth and concise quote. i dont see many cliches in there[/QUOTE

Agree it was concise but still coach speak - I missed the quotes about he can take advantage of UConn down low (Nolan/Facey) or by fouling Purvis when he drives for layups - you got all the rah-rah stuff

We can agree to disagree

Reaction Score
that wasn't 'coach speak' at all, it was an actually pretty in depth and concise quote. i dont see many cliches in there

I think his point was that Brown wasn't going to say, "You know what, they whipped Tulsa last night, but let's face it, Tulsa's trash and UConn is generally a pretty mediocre squad. Not impressed."

Calhoun used to make Maine and Coppin State sound like world-beaters.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
I think his point was that Brown wasn't going to say, "You know what, they whipped Tulsa last night, but let's face it, Tulsa's trash and UConn is generally a pretty mediocre squad. Not impressed." Calhoun used to make Maine and Coppin State sound like world-beaters.

Reaction Score
I think his point was that Brown wasn't going to say, "You know what, they whipped Tulsa last night, but let's face it, Tulsa's trash and UConn is generally a pretty mediocre squad. Not impressed."

Calhoun used to make Maine and Coppin State sound like world-beaters.
ahh

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Early on it looks like Larry got my notes on not letting Purvis make layups and taking advantage of bigs when Brimah not in game...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Good job Larry - spot on and then didn't speak about all the negatives you and your team were about to take advantage of!

#coachspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC