Larrier | The Boneyard

Larrier

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Larrier not in starting lineup....

Reaction Score
Not to be this guy as I hate whining and piling on. By who told terry he is ready for any professional level? I hope it was just a motivational speech. He is leagues behind DeAndre who hasn’t even sniffed the league. Any league. Terry has zero handle. Turns the ball over a lot for a wing/ 2 guard and hates contact as he never drives I cannot recall the last wing who hated going to the lane. He is very perplexing. That and Adams disinterested defense is s big puzzle to me. I don’t know how a coach known as a master of defense can’t get through to these guys. I can understand not putting the ball in the hoop but dee is a no brained. I am sympathetic to the staff it must be very challenging. Hope they get it together. Anyway in a real crap note. How about Boston college funding themselves well within the tourney right now. Life is comical and so unpredictable.

Reaction Score
Neither Larrier or Adams is NBA viable. Larrier needs to get stronger. Adams can’t shoot from long range. In the pros, how is he supposed to score? He’s not a great distributor, so shooting is critical.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, 14 points.
But 1-4 inside the arc, 0 free throws, 1 rebound, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, and 0 fouls.
Is he really fully in the game?

You anticipated my thoughts. It's nice to have a guy who can shoot 3s but if that's all you can do, you're not a valuable player.

Reaction Score
Larrier off the injury needs a year of strength conditioning to get back in hoop shape. He would be fine next year his 3rd actual year of playing. Rudy Gay he’s not.

Reaction Score
Is Larrier toolsy? Sure. But that's it. His hands are atrocious. His decision making is poor. Not much natural basketball IQ. Can shoot a bit, but it's inconsistent. He's not nearly big enough to be able to do anything vs premium talent.

He's just not that great of a player.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked how loose his handle is. I'm not sure why he ever tries to dribble. He could have practiced that even with his year off from the injury. You ever see the dribbling Curry does for practice? You can do that even during rehab.

Reaction Score
You anticipated my thoughts. It's nice to have a guy who can shoot 3s but if that's all you can do, you're not a valuable player.
Think Allan Houston. A pro I know. But one dimensional as they come

pj

Reaction Score
Think Allan Houston. A pro I know. But one dimensional as they come

Not a Knicks fan (or NBA fan) so I didn't see much of him, but Allan Houston had a career average of 2.4 assists and a 2.1 turnovers. Terry this year is averaging 0.7 assists and 2.1 turnovers per game. Against Mich state he had 0 assists and 1 turnover; against Arkansas he had 0 assists, 2 turnovers; against Syracuse he had 2 assists, 4 turnovers.

Terry is definitely one of the best shooters on the team and we need that, so he will play, and you have to applaud how much he's improved his shooting since VCU. But the rest of his game remains sub-par. The loss of Gilbert really hurts, and really highlights Terry's weakness at passing and creating for others. If only Jalen can set up his teammates, this team is going to be very easy to defend. No wonder KO is making so much of Cobb's passing ability and looking to get him time at the 4 -- he needs a second playmaker!

So far Cobb is averaging 0.6 assists per game in 10.4 minutes. That's about the same assist rate per minute as Christian Vital and Antwoine Anderson -- Eric's assist rate is actually better than Antwoine's -- who are in a group behind Jalen and Alterique. Eric's assist rate is more than 3x that of Terry.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Larrier off the injury needs a year of strength conditioning to get back in hoop shape. He would be fine next year his 3rd actual year of playing. Rudy Gay he’s not.

I'd take Rudy Johnson at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom