Larrier will play | The Boneyard

Larrier will play

Reaction Score

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
gotta love the people who destroyed him for sitting out the last game when he has a sinus issue. lets see you play with the same issue, then we'll judge you.

Par for the course around here. Uninformed irrational 'fans' making comments behind a keyboard.

Reaction Score
Yet he played 38 min in the Tulane game after UCF. Did the medical staff not evaluate him after UCF?

Not a sarcastic question...truly wondering as I'm in healthcare field so I do know that sometimes fractures evolve and can be missed on initial radiologic evals

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Well if they provided a little more info than "headache" when they new it was something else that might help.

That's no excuse for ripping the kid for being 'soft' like many 'fans' here did. Larrier will eventually need a procedure for a facial fracture and people on this board were calling him soft.
That's unacceptable. Support the team and the kids.

Reaction Score
Well if they provided a little more info than "headache" when they new it was something else that might help.

I know, right? This is the fans' fault? They said it was a 'headache.' They're the ones who fed the media that line.... and for days, too.

And 'fractured sinus' is generally a broken nose. Broken noses are generally really easy to diagnose in roughly 40 seconds. But all of that aside, Even if you don't know that it's 100% a broken nose - then the line is - 'He took a pretty good shot to the face in practice. We're looking at it and getting it checked out, but it's bothering him enough to the point where we're not comfortable playing him today. We're going to circle back in the next few days and get an idea of what kind of damage there might be, if any, see where he's at and take things from there.'

This stuff isn't this hard. That's on the staff/department...

Reaction Score
Yet he played 38 min in the Tulane game after UCF. Did the medical staff not evaluate him after UCF?

Not a sarcastic question...truly wondering as I'm in healthcare field so I do know that sometimes fractures evolve and can be missed on initial radiologic evals

He gutted it out. Yet h gets criticized here. The level of spoiled rotten fan on this board is insufferable lately.

Reaction Score
That's no excuse for ripping the kid for being 'soft' like many 'fans' here did. Larrier will eventually need a procedure for a facial fracture and people on this board were calling him soft.

No - what's unacceptable is the adults in the situation not protecting him. And this is UConn, this isn't their first rodeo. This is a bunny. Real easy.

Reaction Score
He gutted it out. Yet h gets criticized here. The level of spoiled rotten fan on this board is insufferable lately.

Yep. Agree lots of folks here with lots of hyper criticism. The Memphis pre-game video snippet of him looking jovial and outwardly "fine" sure didn't help things. Easy to jump to unreasonable conclusions based on that short clip.

But even with debilitating headaches, there can be spells of feeling "fine" inbetween and I know if it was me, I'd want to be out there supporting my team whenever possible if I felt up to it

I haven't pored through all the postgames and UConn press releases so I'm truly curious as to whether they gave him a full eval (including radiologic tests) after UCF or whether he just said "I'm fine, they did physical exam, things looked "OK" and he played at Tulane. Which could have exacerbated it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
gotta love the people who destroyed him for sitting out the last game when he has a sinus issue. lets see you play with the same issue, then we'll judge you.
People like you guys are the worst. The “True Fans,” amirite?

Get off your high horse. We were told he had a headache, yet was present at the arena. Do you really think anyone would’ve questioned his toughness if the staff had been honest about his condition? Everyone would’ve wanted him to sit if it meant he’d be ready for the biggest game of the season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s not the fans’ or Larrier’s fault that Ollie said “he didn’t play because he had a headache” that’s up there with Diaco sitting Shirreffs because he had broken ribs but instead of saying that, he said Donovan Williams gave the team a better chance to win.

Reaction Score
It's an absolute bunny. You HAVE to have the peripheral vision at this point given the season that you and he are both having - that if you chalk it up to a 'headache,' that a lot of fans are going to have a meltdown over it. And even the ones who won't, will raise an eyebrow. It doesn't matter whether it's 'right' of them to do that or not. That's what's going to happen. It's just reality.

#1 priority is protecting the kid. If you don't know that it's a broken nose? Simple.' He look a pretty significant shot to the face in practice this week. He's had headaches and a lot of pain since then that's at a point where he can't play. He's in the process of getting evaluated, you guys will have answers on what's going on as soon as we do."

That's it. Leaves the door open to everything - concussions, broken nose, whatever. Let people speculate - but you gave them an honest answer that keeps the wolves at bay. Instead, they feed people that and it's a feeding frenzy on the kid and his reputation takes a beating.

Honestly, where are the adults in the room?

Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie was told not to reveal the actual injury. It would have been up to Larrier to say what was wrong. Maybe Larrier did not want Ollie to reveal the seriousness of the injury.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nobody owes you any more personal medical "info" than you got - deal with it

C

Chief00

Yep. Agree lots of folks here with lots of hyper criticism. The Memphis pre-game video snippet of him looking jovial and outwardly "fine" sure didn't help things. Easy to jump to unreasonable conclusions based on that short clip.

But even with debilitating headaches, there can be spells of feeling "fine" inbetween and I know if it was me, I'd want to be out there supporting my team whenever possible if I felt up to it

I haven't pored through all the postgames and UConn press releases so I'm truly curious as to whether they gave him a full eval (including radiologic tests) after UCF or whether he just said "I'm fine, they did physical exam, things looked "OK" and he played at Tulane. Which could have exacerbated it.

Drummond played a good part of his freshman year with a similar issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom