OT: - Largest Research Grant in UConn History Awarded by the National Science Foundation | The Boneyard

OT: Largest Research Grant in UConn History Awarded by the National Science Foundation

Reaction Score
I remember going to a lab at SUNY Binghamton in 1980 to learn about the MRI technology they developed and were researching. Hard to believe it's been that long.
In the early days the regulators made it very hard for hospitals to acquire the technology because of the cost and limited experience with it but look where it is today.
Then there's PET scans and who knows what else.

Reaction Score
I remember going to a lab at SUNY Binghamton in 1980 to learn about the MRI technology they developed and were researching. Hard to believe it's been that long.
In the early days the regulators made it very hard for hospitals to acquire the technology because of the cost and limited experience with it but look where it is today.
They used to be in mobile labs, because no one hospital could afford them (or wanted to pay for them).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not quite same, but I remember reading a "theoretical" article in Spectrum about how using high speed air dryers would be more efficient than than the slow speed models in use at the time. It was essentially a think piece. Now they are ubiquitous. What's the takeaway? We're old.

That said, this is awesome for UConn. We would get more grants if the legislature would exempt research grants from the mandatory wage rules than makes the school less competitive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn gets a big grant right after the president quits?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom