Lane Kiffin latest coach to pull scholarship from committed player | The Boneyard

Lane Kiffin latest coach to pull scholarship from committed player

Reaction Score
There are a number of kids listed in the article that had schollies pulled. Wonder if any are worth a look???

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And this is the same high school as Marvin Washington, the three star dual threat QB we have showed interest in who was previously committed to UCF.

Reaction Score
Ok....somebody alert HCRE that DJ Charles is available. I watched the first two plays of his highlights.....I'm sold!!!

EDIT: After watching the whole tape. DJ Charles can come in a compete at CB, immediately. He has tremendous cover and ball skills, also a solid tackler, who plays aggressive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok....somebody alert HCRE that DJ Charles is available. I watched the first two plays of his highlights.....I'm sold!!!

EDIT: After watching the whole tape. DJ Charles can come in a compete at CB, immediately. He has tremendous cover and ball skills, also a solid tackler, who plays aggressive.[/QUOTE

THat is one tough SOB
Kid couldn't help himself, evan as a tailback he sought out contact.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
No but some of those who took shots at Edsall...to me specifically Spears who I had a VERY engaging back and forth with on Twitter regarding this subject...said it was wrong no matter who did it. Let's see what happens now.

Yeah...I think the point was this happens everywhere...and for some reason everyone got indignant that UConn did what everyone else does. I am still waiting for the articles about how unfair it was to UConn that 2 kids decommitted to go to p5 schools.

Let's face it...it's an old story now...they got their clicks....publishing articles that it happens in other places doesn't help drive ad revenue.

Now if we could just get them to address those frustrating 11:11 start times.

Reaction Score
Glad you guys tweeted this at Finebaum. I'm sure ESPN won't have a goshdarn word to say about it, though. They expended all their fake moral indignation on Edsall/UConn.

Reaction Score
I feel so awful for that privileged white kid from south Jersey who now has to choose from a variety of FCS schools to continue his education for free while playing football. Poor Ryan Dickens.
"PRIVILEDGED WHITE kid", now where have I heard that insult before? You aren't a material girl or a Kentucky hoops fan are you?

Reaction Score
"PRIVILEDGED WHITE kid", now where have I heard that insult before? You aren't a material girl or a Kentucky hoops fan are you?

I'm far from a bleeding heart liberal and think the race card is over played in today's world. But you have to wonder why THIS particular story got so much attention while literally thousands of similar (or even more egregious) situations get no faux outrage or attention at all.

Reaction Score
I'm far from a bleeding heart liberal and think the race card is over played in today's world. But you have to wonder why THIS particular story got so much attention while literally thousands of similar (or even more egregious) situations get no faux outrage or attention at all.
VERY EASY!!! This story was picked up by Scott Stump who lives in the Raritan NJ area. He works for NBC Universal Inc as the Associate Editor of Today.com . He is also involved in HS sports media down there as well (all info is from his Linkedin profile):
Managing Editor/Owner
All Shore Media/Shore Sports Network
2008 – August 2015 (7 years)
Managing Editor
DigitalSports Inc.
2006 – 2008 (2 years)

Sports reporter
Asbury Park Press
1999 – 2006 (7 years)
He grabbed this and ran with it after sending out this tweet:

Scott Stump ‏@Scott_Stump Jan 17
I hope all Shore recruits notice how UConn ruthlessly dropped Raritan's Ryan Dickens and steer clear of Edsall
UConn reneges on scholarship offer, ditches N.J. football recruit in 11th hour Raritan High LB Ryan Dickens committed to the Huskies seven months ago, only to be cut loose by the school just 17 days before National Signin... highschoolsports.nj.com

I'm sure Stump had as much to do with the story going viral as anything. Probably the reason went national if you ask me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sure Stump had as much to do with the story going viral as anything. Probably the reason went national if you ask me.

So the probable reason this story went national was because of some staffer from Raritan, NJ area? Not because the rest of the college football world sees HCRE as a big phony?

Reaction Score
So the probable reason this story went national was because of some staffer from Raritan, NJ area? Not because the rest of the college football world sees HCRE as a big phony?

The premise of your question itself is a joke.

As if there is a single universal opinion on HCRE in the entire "college football world" of HCRE driving a non-story; when the local media covering the team had an entirely different take than the national media that rarely covers/covered UConn and Edsall.

If anyone's take is more credible, it's the local media, who has had many more interactions with Edsall than the national media. They have a much more informed opinion of the man and what may or may not have happened with this kid.

You just have an axe to grind against the man. Suck it up. He's the coach and he's not going anywhere for a few years.

Reaction Score
Contacts are everything...and Stump has them. Funny thing how once his tweet went out this took off nationally. My point in all of this...if you want to skewer one guy skewer them all.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Here is what the rest of football world (non-UConn/MD fans) thinks about Randy Edsall.. "Edsall? Is that the guy who coached at Maryland? Whatever happened to him?".

Reaction Score

Trolling makes people say really stupid things.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here is what the rest of football world (non-UConn/MD fans) thinks about Randy Edsall.. "Edsall? Is that the guy who coached at Maryland? Whatever happened to him?".
So that merde storm UConn just went through with Finebaum, et. al. never happened? OK, Spicer.

Reaction Score
The real fun will start in the next days leading up to signing day. They'll maneuver the rosters so as to hide the guys who are dropped. Don't expect many parents to cry about it on social media but the effect is the same. I doubt anyone who had a meltdown over our former recruit will be spending any extra energy on investigation or self-righteous preaching regarding the other kids who got shuffled. But they should be called out on them and not allowed to run from the standards they took ownership of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom