Lamb to Thunder d-league? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lamb to Thunder d-league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Perhaps he should have stayed another year?
As much as I would love to have him still on our team, that would have been a far worse fate for him imo. He was a lottery pick this year, largely because of the promise he showed as a freshman and his exposure in the Final Four. If he stayed another year, that memory would be all the more faded, and so would he, with no post-season here, and the only attention being paid to us resulting from the perceived instability of our program and the undesirability of our school generally.

I'm not happy that any of the guys left, but it does appear as though they got out while the getting was good--and that's exactly why they left when they did.

Reaction Score
it does appear as though they got out while the getting was good.

Jeremy got it good...to the tune of $2,020,200 this year. I believe that's more than I've made in my lifetime.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sucks for him. People always think it is great when you get drafted to a championship caliber team so that you can learn from them.

OKC didn't draft Lamb.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb should give 75% of his salary to Kemba Walker, because KW MADE him.

Reaction Score
God I hated the Marshall pick (I'm a Suns fan). The sad thing is I was expecting to be disappointed but told the guy watching the draft with me that I'd probably be pissed with who they took then start justifying it...sadly that's how it played out.

Lamb going to the D-league isn't a big deal. Think about the odds happening to a 1st round draft pick taken 30th overall...cause that's the situation he ended up in after the trade. He'll be fine and is probably making more money than I'll make in the next 10.

On edit: It appears he's making 2 million this year so I guess I'll have to up it at least a few years before I equal his pay.

Reaction Score
This isn't a surprise. Physically, Lamb wasn't ready for the NBA when he left UConn, but if you are going to be a high draft pick, you have to go. The only way Lamb was going to get early playing time was to go to a bad team. D-league is good for him and will help him develop.
Right, he wasn't ready physically, or even maybe mentally. He needs to get stronger. He'll be a terrific player in a couple of years. Donyell Marshall needed a few years to grow into the NBA for the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom