Lamb In Preseason Today | The Boneyard

Lamb In Preseason Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OKC tipping off @ 9am est today against a Turkish team and one of the best in Europe on NBATV. With Westbrook's injury and Reggie Jackson's insertion into the starting lineup Lamb is being groomed as the main scorer off the bench so he should see plenty of playing time now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he has a great opportunity now that Kevin Martin is gone.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I didn't see it, but he got plenty of minutes. I doesn't look like he was lighting it up, but other than not seeing FT line, he did well to fill out the rest of his row in the boxscore and the +18 lead:

OKC.JPG

Reaction Score
he wasn't overly aggressive in hunting for shots, he was actually doing alot of facilitating in the halfcourt, running pick and rolls and finding guys open shots. one area that I thought he looked much improved in was defense, he was really getting after it, getting in an actual stance and moving his arms. The Turkish team tried to bully him in the post with older and more physically built players and he was standing his ground there and not just giving way to them. That's the most active I've seen him on D in a long time, he played no D his soph year and from what I've seen in the summer leagues and the few instances he played with the Thunder last year(I didn't see any D league action besides his highlight tapes on youtube) he didn't really show much improvement in that area. If he can guard he will see plenty of time.

Reaction Score
I watched about 3/4 of the game and he actually played really well. Was so much more assertive than last year and spent a good stretch bringing the ball up and getting his teammates involved. The one three he hit was a beautiful whip around the outside where it was a super quick catch-and-shoot deep three nothing but net.

Right near the game's end he had a long arm steal and he ran the floor to a windmill dunk. Also, check out his +/- at +18. His coach in post-game was very complimentary.

Reaction Score
If lamb starts holding his own defensively, and adds consistency to his shot making: watch out. he can create shots and rebound much better than Martin ever could. really excited to see how he develops this year.

Reaction Score
He was much better at getting over/around screens also. Assertive and aggressive on defense, at times fronting the Turk' bigs. Durant took the majority of the shots in the 1st half. Lamb played more on the ball in the 2nd being a facilitator

Reaction Score
I think its huge that he got alot of minutes. I think at this point, Lamb will not get better sitting on the bench. He needs to play as much as possible to get that in game experience. If i remember correctly in one of our losses early on in the 2010-2011 season, Lamb spent most of the game on the bench. At that point nobody knew what we had. I have a feeling its the same situation now in the NBA. If you play him, you will get results

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
[quote="aceboon, post: 713542, member: That's the most active I've seen him on D in a long time, he played no D his soph year and from what I've seen in the summer leagues and the few instances he played with the Thunder last year(I didn't see any D league action besides his highlight tapes on youtube) he didn't really show much improvement in that area. If he can guard he will see plenty of time.[/quote]
Agree, he was consistently engaged, hustling and worked hard to fight through screens.
Much better "motor" than we saw last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1