MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lamar? That's "Hedley"!

hedley-lamarr.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter was suspended by Gary Blair prior to the game for attendance issues. With the transfer of 2 starters after last season and now this suspension it appears to confirm the suspicions of many that there are problems in College Station.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M shouldn’t have been ranked #17
Chennedy Carter should have been ranked #17.
She’s the whole team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter was suspended by Gary Blair prior to the game for attendance issues. With the transfer of 2 starters after last season and now this suspension it appears to confirm the suspicions of many that there are problems in College Station.
Hopefully this isn't an "I know more than the coach" matter and really an academic matter. Academic matters can be solved by elbow grease. Rifts between players and coach can lead to one or both getting their walking papers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hard to imagine Gary Blair getting walking papers.
However, I could imagine Gary Blair using a “walker” at his age. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Blair has run a quality program for many years. Sad that as soon as there are issues, some choose to bring up speculation about him as a coach and person.

Reaction Score
However, I could imagine Gary Blair using a “walker” at his age. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Gary Blair is what, 93 years old?

Seriously, though, he is 73. And at that stage, it's just a lot harder to connect with young students like a Chennedy Carter. And that's the foundation of coaching, is connecting with your players on a human level. So for him right now, it's not so much an "I know more than coach" dynamic, but more like, "This guy... seriously?"

I respect Blair enormously, but in my opinion it's time for him to transition the team over to new leadership.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Blair has run a quality program for many years. Sad that as soon as there are issues, some choose to bring up speculation about him as a coach and person.
No doubt Blair is a quality coach and human being. But he made a fateful decision last year to turn over his team to an incredibly talented but undisciplined freshman. That decision cost him 2 outstanding seniors who elected to play elsewhere and now it appears that Carter has become a discipline problem.

I applaud Blair’s decision to suspend Carter. It would be great if the suspension turns her in the right direction.

The situation at A&M reminds me of Geno’s comments on playing freshmen who repeatedly don’t do what you ask them to do. He said something to the effect that, “Once you do that, you can never coach them.” Hopefully, it’s not too late for Carter.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Blair. He's a decent coach and hasn't been able to recruit top players. And now with Carter and her antics hope the program can compete this year and beyond.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Blair. He's a decent coach and hasn't been able to recruit top players. And now with Carter and her antics hope the program can compete this year and beyond.
Are you related to ABCDE Redford, the 5-year-old whose name the Southwest Airlines agent mocked? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom