Lagow Update | The Boneyard

Lagow Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rivals has a free article on the home page about Richard Lagow. The main points I took from it are:

1.) The kid is still a strong UConn commit
2.) He talks to Coach Day everyday and Coach White about once a week.
3.) PP wants all commits to visit on the same day this season and it looks like it'll be the Cincy game on Dec. 1st.
4.) This little nugget:

"While this will not be his first trip to UConn, he is still excited to gain some more information on the program."

"I hope to meet the players and I'm also pumped to meet the other commits in person," said Lagow. "I'm also excited to see the atmosphere on game day."

If every verbal will be at that game then we better make damn sure we represent as a fanbase!

pj

Reaction Score
Great! Can't wait to see him throwing passes for the Huskies. He'll have a great chance to have a lot of playing time for us. I want to see what Shane Day and George DeLeone can do with a 6'6" QB who can win the Texas state 7-on-7 tourney!

Hope the weather's great on Dec 1, the team puts on a great performance, and we have a few more commits to enjoy the day!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i know it seems like a good idea to have them all up at once, but i'm not sure i buy into that just yet. only way i'm happy about that is that they also invite a select few 13 and 14 recruits that they really want and create a massive positive effect on them with all the commits being there. it seems like a bit of a we know we have a team so lets go for the home run with this idea move. i'll wait and see if we land a couple more studs vs under radar kids before i agree/dis on this.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If I understand you correctly you want all of our commits at the game but also invite a few stud, not yet commits there too so no one gets too comfortable?

This may open a huge can of worms on here, but I agree.

If we can be used as a "fallback" I find nothing wrong with showing VERBAL recruits that we don't stop recruiting until we have their signature. Hate the term but NCAAF is a "business" and as a business owner I know that you honor a job offer but hold out for the best candidate until someone accepts and signs your offer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If I understand you correctly you want all of our commits at the game but also invite a few stud, not yet commits there too so no one gets too comfortable?

This may open a huge can of worms on here, but I agree.

If we can be used as a "fallback" I find nothing wrong with showing VERBAL recruits that we don't stop recruiting until we have their signature. Hate the term but NCAAF is a "business" and as a business owner I know that you honor a job offer but hold out for the best candidate until someone accepts and signs your offer.

yes, u are getting what i was about to get at.

all the commits can meet each other and become friendly. if were having a good year and win then its a big bonus hype machine we just fed the kids. if its not a good year then its not a big deal because they had to visit at some point. the gamble is last week all at once setting it up to look like some big time thing. the other thing is that none of these kids have signed stuff yet. so having a few non commits there can keep them focused on the prize. the reverse is that the non commits hopefully get comfortable with our commits and love the big game/fan/commits here atmosphere(hopefully good season).

i see it as a bit of a risk but with huge potential for reward i guess. one thing i would think to be careful of is who else u invite besides the commits. last thing uw ant to do is rub a commit the wrong way somehow. as we all know how kids are it could be anything that tics them off.

risk and reward. sound like P and the staff are going for the home run and putting pressure on the kids. its a strategy this program hasn't seen yet. i'm watching.

pj

Reaction Score
I like the move. Let the kids get to know each other, start building friendships and camaraderie. Hopefully they like each other and that cements their commitments and gets a start on team-building.

The trouble with inviting a few prospects is that then the coaching staff doesn't have time to roll out the red carpet for everyone. It's OK to have 15-20 commits, they can all be treat on a level playing field in a group. You don't want to have a stud prospect come and feel neglected.

Meanwhile, if any of the commits is wavering or needs re-convincing, the best new argument the coaches have is, look who you'll be playing with. They're great guys and you can build a great team together. Show Richard Lagow that he can throw to Dhameer Bradley, Noel Thomas, Tommy Myers, hopefully Jordan Fuchs and a good back. The commits will recruit each other.

Reaction Score
i wish they wouldn't pick the game on thanksgiving weekend. i'd rather they pick a weekend when students are on campus. in reality i wish we could schedule that weekend to be an away game b/c it'd be a great open weekend for students to travel to an away game but a lousy weekend for a home game for students

Reaction Score
Not thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving is November 22 this year. Just one of those quirks of the calandar, but November has 5 Thursdays...

Reaction Score
P probably picked Dec 1 in anticipation of that being a celebration of the conference championship. That should get recruits excited.

That can backfire. Anybody remember all of the kids in the maroon track suits standing near the Rutgers bench at The Rent last year? Guess what they were there for? Ouch, that had to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom