Lafayette Leopard ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Lafayette Leopard ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Alterique couldn't seem to hit a bucket, but he didn't force the issue. I'll take an 11 assist, 5 board, 3 steal game out of our PG with a big smile every game.
  2. 8-1/2 minutes left in the 1st half, AG steals at their end, pushes it up the court draws the defender and dumps it off to Polley for a 3. Gorgeous play all around.
  3. Carlton had a really good game. Cobb -- not so much -- although he did manage 5 boards with 3 on the offensive end. But if we could ever get the 2 of them on fire in the same game, we'd have something special.
  4. Yakwe. Not good. 6 minutes. 1 board. 1 TO. 2 fouls.
  5. Best start to the 2nd half this season.
  6. We only had 8 steals, but it seemed like we got a hand on the ball at some point on half of their possessions.
  7. Wilson LOOKED decent out there even if his shot wasn't falling.
  8. Jalen ended up being POG, but I'd give half that deal to Polley, who really set the tone early.
  9. It was a mid-major, and if we didn't handle them with ease, it would have been the kind of embarrassment we saw too much of the last couple seasons. But it wasn't and that was good.
  10. We won every column in the box score except FT%, so I guess you'd have to say we dominated
  11. It took me the whole game to make the connection between the dude in the leopard print suit behind their bench and their team mascot. I just kept wondering why anyone would wear that in public, much less on (sort of) national TV.

Reaction Score
In reality UConn is super good with the back court. Incredibly impressive even when not hitting shots. But man, Yakwe, Cobb,and when Kwintin is in there (even tho he doesn’t play) looks very bad. Cobb has sparks from time to time but the front court will struggle in conference play. Diarra might be our X factor. Yakwe has been OK rebounding but don’t feed him the ball Bc it’ll be hot potato. Idk we score a lot but this team is gunna have a long way to go. Not as optimistic as some. But 20-21 wins are achievable.

Reaction Score
In reality UConn is super good with the back court. Incredibly impressive even when not hitting shots. But man, Yakwe, Cobb,and when Kwintin is in there (even tho he doesn’t play) looks very bad. Cobb has sparks from time to time but the front court will struggle in conference play. Diarra might be our X factor. Yakwe has been OK rebounding but don’t feed him the ball Bc it’ll be hot potato. Idk we score a lot but this team is gunna have a long way to go. Not as optimistic as some. But 20-21 wins are achievable.
Cobb was the only reason we were even in the game against Zona.

Reaction Score
Cobb was the only reason we were even in the game against Zona.
True. But he wasn’t great today. He has def shown at big games. But I can’t tell if that’s small sample size or he raises to level of competition. When he’s on he’s on. That much ur right.

Reaction Score
I loved the Leopard suit. My youngest daughter goes to Lafayette and my oldest daughter goes to UConn. We went to the game last night and loved it. My wife occasionally applauded for Lafayette, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. On to Newark!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
  1. Alterique couldn't seem to hit a bucket, but he didn't force the issue. I'll take an 11 assist, 5 board, 3 steal game out of our PG with a big smile every game.

Al only took 4 shots. He knew he wasn't on. He also had the grit to contribute otherwise.

Looking at it a different way, he prevented at least 16 points by stopping 8 opponent possessions, (3 before the opportunity to shoot), and facilitated at least 22 points for his own team. That is a 38 point swing. UConn only won by 27. So in a vacuum, UConn loses without him (I know it doesn't work like that. Don't @ me.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom