Lady Huskies? | The Boneyard

Lady Huskies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Can we explain why there's no such thing? I'm seeing this all over Twitter and Facebook

Reaction Score
Saw it on the mens board yesterday, Just let people be ignorant. If they think we are the lady huskies then they don't pay attention to us and don't see how great this program is.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Women, ladies, female - people need to differentiate the two teams by gender. So it is really not that surprising. Much easier when you support a school that doesn't have such successful teams playing in April! Say Stanford Cardinal last week and every one knew you were talking women, say Kentucky Wildcats and they knew it was the men. Say Huskies and you confuse people! :rolleyes::cool::)
(Of course say Blue Devils and you confused people as well, but for a slightly different reason - why would anyone be talking about that school in April?!!!:eek::rolleyes::oops: - sorry Triad, couldn't resist!)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The Heart of the Husky...is just that a powerful, beating singularity, shared by all teams and fans!

Reaction Score
Can we explain why there's no such thing? I'm seeing this all over Twitter and Facebook
Seeing Lady Huskies is the thing that tells me it's a Johnny-come-lately fan. I usually don't pay much attention to what that person says. More to what you guys say.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, this year being one of them, it becomes necessary to distinguish the team one is discussing while appealing to the casual fan. We know better, but the rest of the country does not. Let us not hold it against them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sometimes, this year being one of them, it becomes necessary to distinguish the team one is discussing while appealing to the casual fan. We know better, but the rest of the country does not. Let us not hold it against them.
sounds good

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Women, ladies, female - people need to differentiate the two teams by gender. So it is really not that surprising. Much easier when you support a school that doesn't have such successful teams playing in April! Say Stanford Cardinal last week and every one knew you were talking women, say Kentucky Wildcats and they knew it was the men. Say Huskies and you confuse people! :rolleyes::cool::)
(Of course say Blue Devils and you confused people as well, but for a slightly different reason - why would anyone be talking about that school in April?!!!:eek::rolleyes::oops: - sorry Triad, couldn't resist!)

The word "Women" works fine. "UCONN Huskies" Women's basketball team. Go to the UCONN site and that's how they split their athletic page. Men's and Women's. No "Lady" anywhere.
I think that's a pretty simple thing for people (Esp. the MEDIA) to check. If you go to a site that uses the term "Lady Vols" then call them that. If you look at other programs, some use it and a lot don't. It's not that hard to get it right.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

If it's a casual fan, OK.

It is definitely NOT OK when it's a TV broadcaster in freakin' Harford -- or anywhere in the state. Or any alleged sports/news reporter anywhere. And that definitely includes anyone who utters a word (or produces a graphic) at ESPN.

Or anyone who ever played/coached women's college basketball.

I absolutely hold it against them, with no mercy.:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot of the southern schools distinguish the difference by adding "Lady" to the nickname. I still, however, can't figure out South Carolina...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kavetching about "Lady Huskies" is become a dead horse beating. We know its Women Huskies but oh well.

Reaction Score
A lot of the southern schools distinguish the difference by adding "Lady" to the nickname. I still, however, can't figure out South Carolina...

What's so confusing about the Lady C0cks?

Reaction Score
I'm just surprised our opponents haven't picked up on calling us the five letter word for a female dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom