Ladder | The Boneyard

Ladder

Reaction Score
After the game, the court was set up for the cellebration, barriers put up and the ladder brought out.... But then the ladder was gone.. No nets cut down in Albany .... Waiting for Tampa??

Reaction Score
Long standing UCONN WBB "Tradition" as I recall.... Don't cut down Conference Tournament Nets, or Regional Nets... only Final Four/NC Nets. Geno said in his post game remarks... It's a Team decision, they told CD they were not going to cut them down... then he said something that made me laugh... "they don't want to come back from final four and try to impress their friends with 'look at this net from the Regional Championship we got'". IN other words... the only net that matters, the only trophy that really gets attention is the one from the NC.

GO UCONN!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno was asked in one of this Post game interviews about cutting down the Nets. He said CD asked the players and they said NO. I'm wondering if its the pressure of the Tradition that keeps the players saying No?Did Napheesa and KLS lead the No's and the rest of the players went along with their leadership? When I saw the confetti, my impression was that replaced cutting down the Nets. Have to believe some of the players would like to cut down the Nets.

Will it take not making the F4 a couple of times before the Tradition Changes? Is the Tradition so ingrained that it will take a long time before its changed if ever?

Reaction Score
Geno was asked in one of this Post game interviews about cutting down the Nets. He said CD asked the players and they said NO. I'm wondering if its the pressure of the Tradition that keeps the players saying No?Did Napheesa and KLS lead the No's and the rest of the players went along with their leadership? When I saw the confetti, my impression was that replaced cutting down the Nets. Have to believe some of the players would like to cut down the Nets.

Will it take not making the F4 a couple of times before the Tradition Changes? Is the Tradition so ingrained that it will take a long time before its changed if ever?

The confetti has been in the gatorade containers at all regional finals, women & men, this year. Some players might. Have wanted to cut them down, but athletic teams are not democracies; leaders lead & followers follow....

Reaction Score
Have to believe some of the players would like to cut down the Nets.

Yup but too bad they lost the game. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope that the current tradition of net cutting never changes. No team starts the season hoping that they are only "Regional Champions". At least no UConn team does.

I remember after one of Stewie's Regional Championships she was asked the same question and her answer was that only one net matters. And we know which one that is.

Reaction Score
Hearing Geno talk, that win was really special to him. He joked about 'none of the kids are gunna go back to campus, like, hey look at this net from the regional finals!' But all the same, they should be really proud of this FF. If it all goes south from here on out, I hope that have something to remember it by. I understand that from the players POV, they are never going to choose to cut down the nets. It'd be like saying there is all this program history about winning NCs, but not us, we're happy just to make the FF. It's not gunna happen.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn never cuts the nets at a Regional - only if they win a championship. Still work to do.. :D
This is correct. No nets get cut by UCONN unless it is the championship net.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom