Lack of Wahab Crystal Ball Picks | The Boneyard

Lack of Wahab Crystal Ball Picks

Reaction Score
With Wahab set to make his announcement in 4 days, I’m a bit surprised at the lack of crystal ball picks for his college selection.

I realize they mean nothing in the big picture but he must really be keeping everything hush hush if no one is making picks for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
With Wahab set to make his announcement in 4 days, I’m a bit surprised at the lack of crystal ball picks for his college selection.

I realize they mean nothing in the big picture but he must really be keeping everything hush hush if no one is making picks for him.

Maybe he doesn't know? Who knows, but at this point, I'd rather their be nothing than it going the other way.

Reaction Score
We're focused on Wahab because we're in the mix, not sure many BB "experts" focused on non-top 100 recruit.

Reaction Score
Do we know if any of the coaches visited him this past week when they had off? I didn’t see anything to indicate that he was visited, which is a bit strange to me with his commitment so close

Reaction Score
Just found this...don’t think it holds any weight, but interesting tweet nonetheless

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1548548225879.png

Good mojo!

(Still doomed.)

Reaction Score

Just one day out now and I was wondering the same thing. The only BE team in his top 5 is G'town and I don't understand why he would want to play for a team that already has 5 centers and PFs. Must be the Ewing Effect.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Wahab announces tomorrow and there has been no chatter what so ever about him

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was surprised that the latest Rivals rankings had Mitchell in the 70's and Wahab well over 100. I thought that was reversed.

I know we like him as a shot blocking rim protector, but is Mitchell better?

Reaction Score
I was surprised that the latest Rivals rankings had Mitchell in the 70's and Wahab well over 100. I thought that was reversed.

Mitchell is a natural scorer. He'll be a 4 year player that gives teams problems. Not really a center though

Reaction Score

Mitchell is very good. He is undervalued on this board. But I think the logic is that Wahab may fit into Hurley's style better as a rim protector since our guards play aggressive man to man which should lead to a lot of out of control drives to the hoop where Wahab will be waiting.

pj

Reaction Score

They're different, Wahab longer and more athletic and better defensively, Mitchell more skilled and better offensively. I think other things being equal, for Hurley's defensive strategy of pressure at the 3 point arc you really want a long rim protector at center, so Wahab would probably be a better fit for us. But Mitchell would be a great catch too.

Reaction Score
Just one day out now and I was wondering the same thing. The only BE team in his top 5 is G'town and I don't understand why he would want to play for a team that already has 5 centers and PFs. Must be the Ewing Effect.

“I’m looking for where I can get playing time and where I’m going to make an impact,” he said. “Where I’m going to get the ball and be of use to the team. I don’t really care about the location; I just want to go where I’m going to be successful.”

DMVelite Q&A: Qudus Wahab

pj

Reaction Score
Really hope we can land this kid ... he is another underrated player who would really solidify next year's team.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
I am praying he goes to Uconn... We need bigs! Next years class could be something special if we get the right pieces... The way I see it we are 1 or 2 players away from going back to winning Natty'

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No crystal ball picks for Wahab or Mitchell. 1 for Chol "Cholesterol" Marial. I know those are far from certain, but this close to a pick, they usually swing to the eventual choice.

Worried about Wahab or Mitchell. Don't think we've offered Marial. I like Josh, but we need another center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom