LaChina and Doris Talk "The Big Game" | The Boneyard

LaChina and Doris Talk "The Big Game"

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I already have heard from Doris about how great your coach and UConn is... During the broadcast of the NC State-UVA game :p

LOL. I saw some other UConn-hater going off about how he can't watch a single WCBB game on ESPN in which the commentators don't at some point talk about UConn (he is also an ESPN-hater by extension, of course).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL. I saw some other UConn-hater going off about how he can't watch a single WCBB game on ESPN in which the commentators don't at some point talk about UConn (he is also an ESPN-hater by extension, of course).

I'm not a UConn Wcbb hater .. I don't like listening to Burke. I'm a fan of Robinson though. :cool::D:);)

HGN

Reaction Score
I already have heard from Doris about how great your coach and UConn is... During the broadcast of the NC State-UVA game :p
Triad , Doris was just showing her appreciation for achievement and sustained success. Not that she doesn't appreciate and admire many other teams but no other team has achieved the level of sustained success like the Huskies............She is just giving credit where credit is due.

And let's be honest , what program in the country , men or women , would not like to have the success of the Huskies? Perhaps even the Blue Devils.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
And let's be honest , what program in the country , men or women , would not like to have the success of the Huskies? Perhaps even the Blue Devils.

Not a single one. Yet, when you are working your butt off, and having some level of success, and having to justify to the administration and fans why your program deserves kudos, that darned UConn record just reminds everyone how far away you are from the top of the heap.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Imagine you are Texas, with a 17 game winning streak. Don't you think you'd like to celebrate that?

If Notre Dame had beaten UConn, the Texas social media would be filled with posts about the longest active winning streak in DI basketball.

Hell if UConn had beaten ND but lost to Florida State, the UConn streak would be 22 and Texas wouldn't mind pushing - “17 game winning streak second best in the country with only UConn's 22 game streak ahead of them”. That's twitter worthy, Facebook worthy maybe even Instagram worthy if I knew what Instagram was, but lets' face it:

“Our 17 game winning streak is second only to UConn's 98 game streak” just doesn't quite cut it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn Wcbb hater .. I don't like listening to Burke. I'm a fan of Robinson though. :cool::D:);)

Here's an idea, then:
When Burke starts to praise UConn or Geno, just imagine that it's not her, but someone who happens to sound a lot like her. ;):D

Reaction Score
Because I'm a kid at heart (and actions... sometimes....) I bought a Play Station 4. I also got the NBA 2K17 game to go with it. Doris Burke calls on some games in the video game... and true to form, she go's on and on and on, with one topic... beating the dead horse skeleton to dust... I thought it was worth mentioning. I like Doris, but sometimes she has too much to say. :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Here's an idea, then:
When Burke starts to praise UConn or Geno, just imagine that it's not her, but someone who happens to sound a lot like her. ;):D

Hmmmmm...... not sure if I know of anyone who sounds alot like her. Maybe if she sounded differently... I could tolerate her a bit mroe.

You ever listen to Dukie V?

No. Not a fan of his either.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for Dave O'Brien when he is paired with Doris. Doris can talk for 40 minutes (usually about how great UConn is) without once commenting on a single play. I bet Dave keeps a copy of "War and Peace" by his side so he can read it while Burke bloviates ad nauseam.

I just noticed Checkmate's use of the word bloviate. I guess I'm in good company.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel sorry for Dave O'Brien when he is paired with Doris. Doris can talk for 40 minutes (usually about how great UConn is) without once commenting on a single play. I bet Dave keeps a copy of "War and Peace" by his side so he can read it while Burke bloviates ad nauseam.

Ive heard her on men's college games.... and she's been interviewed a few times on sports radio shows down here.... she definitely knows her stuff.

Reaction Score
Imagine you are Texas, with a 17 game winning streak. Don't you think you'd like to celebrate that?

If Notre Dame had beaten UConn, the Texas social media would be filled with posts about the longest active winning streak in DI basketball.

Hell if UConn had beaten ND but lost to Florida State, the UConn streak would be 22 and Texas wouldn't mind pushing - “17 game winning streak second best in the country with only UConn's 22 game streak ahead of them”. That's twitter worthy, Facebook worthy maybe even Instagram worthy if I knew what Instagram was, but lets' face it:

“Our 17 game winning streak is second only to UConn's 98 game streak” just doesn't quite cut it.
I held our school's record for the 100 yard dash for several years. Not only did that kid beat my school record but he also set the national record. In fact, he was the kid who finally broke Jesse Owens record. Now it sounds kinda cool to tell everyone that it took the guy who beat Jesse Owens' best to break my record, but only until I reveal I was closer to a full second slower than he than I was to tying him. I'm the 17 game winning streak in your analogy.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
People love to over generalize Doris and everything she says. She could say 1000 things about the game being played but once she mentions UConn that's all people will talk about because that's the only thing they can relate to. UConn is a brand. The facts and stats her and her counterpart for the night are talking about aren't memorable. The fact is she knows her stuff about basketball men or woman's college or pro.

As much as people whine and complain about her talking about UConn all the time if you go to a WCBB forum of every team in the top 10 that has any sort of fan base that contributes even half way regularly... you'll find a thread about UConn. You would think if people were tired of UConn they would idk.... beat them or something. Or maybe not talk about them on their own forum but every time a top team loses their fan base immediately starts comparing their team to UConn and how they should do things the way they do. When you are the best people like to pretend they hate you but in reality they envy you. I say keep doing your job Doris. I appreciate someone who does their homework.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you shouldnt call any WCBB game without mentioning UConn... tennis without Tiger, Womens tennis without Serena... these winners are what makes their sport... and they should be mentioned!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
you shouldnt call any WCBB game without mentioning UConn.. tennis without Tiger, Womens tennis without Serena.. these winners are what makes their sport.. and they should be mentioned!
What tennis player is known as Tiger?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What tennis player is known as Tiger?
yeah, Tiger Williams... he was also good at hockey

ead8796339eba52a0f392af62d1b01df.jpg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I see that some of Burke's family are members of the Boneyard ;)
Are you suggesting that some of us might qualify for membership in Bloviators Anonymous?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom