L.J. Figueroa | The Boneyard

L.J. Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It looks like he's already enrolled at New Mexico State, so I think he'd be considered a transfer.

Interesting, though.

Reaction Score
It looks like he's already enrolled at New Mexico State, so I think he'd be considered a transfer.

Interesting, though.
Never played for them so he could probably get a waiver to avoid sitting.\

That said, let's just save everyone the time...Next.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you 're-open your recruitment' after you've been enrolled at a school for a semester?

Reaction Score
Or, maybe you could have some guts and hang in there and hope things go better like many of us. Sarcasm and negativity is really kind of weak when that's all you got.
Yeah dude, because my attitude one way or the other has a direct impact on the whether or not a kid comes here. You be a Pollyanna if you want, I'll play the odds.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Or, maybe you could have some guts and hang in there and hope things go better like many of us. Sarcasm and negativity is really kind of weak when that's all you got.
Yeah dude, because my attitude one way or the other has a direct impact on the whether or not a kid comes here. You be a Pollyanna if you want, I'll play the odds.

Maybe you both could realize you're arguing a moot point since we have no evidence that the staff was ever or will ever be interested in this kid.

Reaction Score
Positive?: Originally from Lawrence MA (via Dominican Republic) and his family is still there.

Negative?: Played on Team Breakdown w/ Juwan Durham.

Good stuff. Have to imagine the staff will at least do some digging on this kid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In a completely unwarranted note of unsubstantiated positivity, what if he is a kid who, growing in Lawrence MA, wants to get close to him? What if the Wilson miss prompted this?

Reaction Score

Congrats on playing the odds, impressive.

FYI by no means is Db2u a "Pollyanna" he's just a loyal fan who during rough times is trying to see the light. Would seem to me he's playing it right not you.

Reaction Score
Congrats on playing the odds, impressive.

FYI by no means is Db2u a "Pollyanna" he's just a loyal fan who during rough times is trying to see the light. Would seem to me he's playing it right not you.
Wrong.

Reaction Score
I know the board says no Tremont but he is really the last addition I see besides a grad transfer. Got a feeling Damien Williams comes here.
That'd be nice. Has there been any word on williams since the visit?

Reaction Score
Wrong.

"Pollyanna" - pretty sick of this being thrown around as if optimistic fans are blind. We see the same things you see we just happen to believe and hope that UConn basketball comes back. We prefer to think we will rise to this occasion as always, fight back with the people we have in charge. We don't throw away the great things that have happened while we do understand the issues surrounding the present.

If you dislike KO as a coach that much then I get it. If you dislike him enough to wish UConn ill so you can smile, well there are some I feel would thrive in that time. But to always be the fan who is constantly throwing out negative BS post after post, how fun can that be? How in one hand can you throw out "pollyanna" and be proud of being what you are, the extreme opposite?

Not sure where this goes from here but I for one think UConn hoops prevails and returns. If it doesn't then it's a new chapter, but for now why wish that on that or the program, I don't get it.

pj

Reaction Score
I remember when "fan" meant someone who supported his team, coach, and players -- not a fanatical critic of the team, coach, and players. I remember when the Boneyard was populated with fans.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember when "fan" meant someone who supported his team, coach, and players -- not a fanatical critic of the team, coach, and players. I remember when the Boneyard was populated with fans.

You are painting over the past. There's always been people dumping on here man. Even when we've had massive success. It's the nature of the internet forums.

pj

Reaction Score
You are painting over the past. There's always been people dumping on here man. Even when we've had massive success. It's the nature of the internet forums.

No, no. The Internet has only been a problem since the younger generation got onto it. Back in my day, everyone was hopeful and optimistic. Maybe because after walking through the snow 5 miles to reach the modem, we were so happy to be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom