Kyla Irwin | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I think Kyla looks better with every minute she earns. Certainly a work in progress, but that also describes most other people doing most other things.

Still, with Geno, player growth and maturity are important. Kyla has shown both. I like this kid, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Let's not down Irwin. She was the first thing other than MW off of the bench. I still believe she will be a contributor off of the bench.

I wasn’t downing her. I’m just sayin I respect her intensity on the bench.

Reaction Score
But getting more minutes.

She drops in the rotation with a healthy Camara. Also, Lou being out moves Z up and Irwin is the only health big off the bench at the moment.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The best part of her game imho is her passing. She has a good feel for entry passes into the post from the wing or key. Jury out on other aspects of her game but I expect improvement.

Reaction Score
The best part of her game imho is her passing. She has a good feel for entry passes into the post from the wing or key. Jury out on other aspects of her game but I expect improvement.

No the best part of her game is----no fear of the bigs and no fear of tossing it up. She will mix it up with anyone.

Reaction Score
No the best part of her game is----no fear of the bigs and no fear of tossing it up. She will mix it up with anyone.
Great attitude but suspect she would on more of a lower level team. She seems to enjoy the UConn commitment and has invested in being in better shape and agree, is somewhat fearless in her play

Reaction Score
At the moment the only issue I see with Irwin is that her footwork is about a half second slow. That's why she gets caught in the wrong spot and commits a lot of fouls. That can be improved and I think she will over the course of the season.

Reaction Score
I always thought Kyla had potential. I was very happy to see her get in the game early today. I always feel these girls just need to see one go down and then a good flow will follow. A good example of this is with Andi.
I think Kyla has game and really think with some minutes she will develop into a solid player.

Reaction Score
Irwin seems far more self assured on the court this year.................she's going to grab some rebounds and make the occasional shot................if nothing else you know she's going to give her all..............

Reaction Score
Great attitude but suspect she would on more of a lower level team. She seems to enjoy the UConn commitment and has invested in being in better shape and agree, is somewhat fearless in her play

I believe with Molly and Kyla if work, attitude, effort and dedication made them STARS---Then STARS they would be! I have no idea what that special something we see in Megan Walker is that separates her from some other Frosh or Sophs. For their sake, my Christmas wish is for both to get some of that.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t downing her. I’m just sayin I respect her intensity on the bench.

I didn't see your Hi Five comment as disrespect--heck even KLS does it--doing the hi Five for a teammate is the highest form of respect. Your's was a good post, thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom