OT: Kyla Irwin to join Vandy WBB staff | The Boneyard

OT: Kyla Irwin to join Vandy WBB staff

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
What an outstanding choice Coach Ralph has made by giving Kyla this opportunity!!!! Recently in one of the "Autumn transfer" threads, I posted how I thought that Autumn was going to be the next Kyla - the player/coach on the bench helping to position players on the court. Now she is going to do it for a living.
Congratulations Kyla!
GREAT FIND @BRS24

Reaction Score
Very happy for both Christina and Kyla. Kind of interesting that Shea chose to bring Christina back home to Vandy to coach with her and not Jasmine Lister who was Christina's former backcourt partner for Vandy .

Shea would have to find her first because Jasmine seems to have vanished. There is no trace of her activity on any social media after she left Uconn, which is very odd to me for a young person.

Reaction Score
How are they allowed to add more coaches? I thought they had hired the max number of coaches allowed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How are they allowed to add more coaches? I thought they had hired the max number of coaches allowed.
Not coaches

Foggie, a standout Commodore student-athlete with the program from 2010-14, returns to Vanderbilt as Ralph’s chief of staff. Irwin, a student-athlete playing for Ralph at UConn from 2016-20, comes to Nashville as the program’s director of player development and community relations.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The SEC in general can get very creative when needing to add staff. Remember the year the former Vandy Coach Melanie Balcomb spend on staff to Dawn at South Carolina with some bogus made up title so as to avoid being designated as a coach.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great news about Kyla. A number of BY’ers had speculated that Kyla would eventually follow in her mother’s footsteps to become a basketball coach. Shea is giving her a wonderful opportunity to do just that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great news about Kyla. A number of BY’ers had speculated that Kyla would eventually follow in her mother’s footsteps to become a basketball coach. Shea is giving her a wonderful opportunity to do just that.
I alway thought that Kyla was at UConn to learn from Geno, not necessarily to be a star or even get playing time.

Reaction Score
Very happy for both Christina and Kyla. Kind of interesting that Shea chose to bring Christina back home to Vandy to coach with her and not Jasmine Lister who was Christina's former backcourt partner for Vandy .
Unclear whether Lister left UConn on good or bad terms or if she even has any interest in the WCBB world anymore.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Shea would have to find her first because Jasmine seems to have vanished. There is no trace of her activity on any social media after she left Uconn, which is very odd to me for a young person.
She went "dark" after leaving UConn. It's not hard to step back into the shadows. All you have to do is move to an new location city/state, and stay COMPLETELY OFF ALL social medial platforms, and tell the people that are close to you to also not mention your name or disclose your existence or location to anyone on social media without your express permission.

Carnac

Reaction Score
So does this basically mean she's done with pro basketball for good?
Pretty much. Most of those types of positions (in most colleges/universities) are year round jobs, not seasonal. :)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
She went "dark" after leaving UConn. It's not hard to step back into the shadows. All you have to do is move to an new location city/state, and stay COMPLETELY OFF ALL social medial platforms, and tell the people that are close to you to also not mention your name or disclose your existence or location to anyone on social media without your express permission.
There might be 1000s of reasons that she went dark. Heath, personal safety, tired of the social media drag, etc. I "lost" contact with a "niece", a daughter of a friend we met on vacation. I never directly asked, but I think it was due to her safety from an ex-BF. She's now happily married, and we still keep in touch.

Reaction Score
The CIA has been actively recruiting women.Hmm

Carnac

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
There might be 1000s of reasons that she went dark. Heath, personal safety, tired of the social media drag, etc. I "lost" contact with a "niece", a daughter of a friend we met on vacation. I never directly asked, but I think it was due to her safety from an ex-BF. She's now happily married, and we still keep in touch.
An old saying.................."No one can rain on your parade if they don't know what street its on" Keep your personal business and activities private.
We all know folks (of all ages) that are addicted to social media. They can't put their phones down for 2 minutes. smh. :confused: Their phone is their life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom