Kyla Irwin Reflects on One of Central PA’s All-Time Great Athletic Careers | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin Reflects on One of Central PA’s All-Time Great Athletic Careers

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
A great program player and an even better person! As the transfer portal becomes an even bigger part of the game, I’m even more grateful for the players like Kyla who stick it out.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
from the article: " . . . working in college athletics? That was unexpected for the State High product . . ."

She was a coach's kid, did all the little things right. I for one fully expected her to work in college athletics. I won't be surprised to see her in e head-coaching job in ten years.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Kyla Irwin fan, and I have to admit I didn't have a clue who she was until coach Ralph hired her at Vandy. When she announced her hiring, Shea spoke of her in such glowing terms and said straight up that Kyla was the type of person she wanted in her program. Though I haven't met her personally, it's still a joy to watch her interact with the team. Though she had no on-court coaching duties, she was on the bench for every game no matter where it was played, and there was no more vocal or enthusiastic person in the program.

The one thing the writer did not mention is that starting in July, Kyla will become a full-time assistant coach in addition to her other duties. The only limitation will be that she can't recruit off campus, but she can contact recruits on campus and by phone. I think she could be very good at it. She seems like such a joyful person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom