Kyla Irwin: Honorary CT Resident | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin: Honorary CT Resident

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice article focusing on Kyla and her Branford mom. Now if every recruit's parents had this attitude:

“It was her freshman year last year and we felt like we needed to support her because everybody talks about how hard the freshman year is so we just wanted to be there and be involved,” Bethany Irwin said. “With something like this, you just want to catch as much as you can and when they offered her here, it was very humbling and our goal was to always stress to her that it is not about the playing time, it is about the journey you are going to take and she really wanted to learn who she was as a person. That is why we stressed that you aren’t in charge of the minutes but just enjoy it and find out who you really are. She really kind of shined, she loves the game, loves supporting (her teammates) and her time will come when they are ready for her."

UConn’s Kyla Irwin has family ties rooted in Branford

Kyla's no slouch on team play either: “I bring energy, going out there and bringing a spark onto the court, set a big screen for Lou (All-American Katie Lou Samuelson),” Irwin said. “I don’t need to do huge things, just the little things that Coach expects me to do and they all need me to do."

Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin as Geno himself has said "gets it."
This was a great article and thanks for posting.
I think she will continue to play a minor role with periods of significance throughout this year. She will continue to grow and improve and have more of that significance but likely will never be a major player on the court.
But that's only maybe half of it. She has a huge impact on the team because not every one will or can be a star at this level. Her drive, intelligence, motivation and just darn good common sense all add a lot to the team.
When she's on the court with the freshman and Molly, she's the one giving guidance and direction.
Her parents and family should be commended for a job very well done. Anyone would love to have a child with her characteristics and makeup!
I believe she will become a top notch HS or college coach.
Kyla, I and many others In sure, are admiring and rooting for you!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Re-watching the game now and Kyla started the second half and made a few really good plays. Some rebounds, assists and moves the ball so well!
Think she will secure at least the 8th spot!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Re-watching the game now and Kyla started the second half and made a few really good plays. Some rebounds, assists and moves the ball so well!
Think she will secure at least the 8th spot!
Bronx23
Kyla just keeps showing up. I never expected too much from an unheralded player like her. But now I have stopped setting limits in my mind for Kyla . The young woman just keeps working. I never bet against strong willed people. Now I'm her fan. Go Kyla!

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
What a great attitude she has and how fortunate we are to have her on as a Husky. Life is about the journey and she appears to have a good foundation for hers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom