Kyla Gets Some Ink | The Boneyard

Kyla Gets Some Ink

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No. No Tattoo. Some press:

1544885010758.png

“The biggest thing is just picking up where Meg left off,” senior Katie Lou Samuelson said. “You worry that when someone’s down in our starting lineup, we’re going to have to change things and we’re going to have to figure out stuff. Nothing changed. We just did the same exact thing but added Kyla in there.

“She didn’t let up at all — that’s the biggest thing. Knowing we can count on her is going to be even bigger for us … when Meg’s back.”

Added Auriemma: “Kids have confidence in her, so the more playing time she gets, I think the better.”

UConn’s Irwin earning trust with her solid play

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. No Tattoo. Some press:

View attachment 37412

“The biggest thing is just picking up where Meg left off,” senior Katie Lou Samuelson said. “You worry that when someone’s down in our starting lineup, we’re going to have to change things and we’re going to have to figure out stuff. Nothing changed. We just did the same exact thing but added Kyla in there.

“She didn’t let up at all — that’s the biggest thing. Knowing we can count on her is going to be even bigger for us … when Meg’s back.”

Added Auriemma: “Kids have confidence in her, so the more playing time she gets, I think the better.”

UConn’s Irwin earning trust with her solid play

Where did she get the tat??

Geno and KLS are being generous, probably rightly so. The most telling comment is the more PT she gets the better she shall be--the more PT, Coombs, ONO, Bent get could have an equal pay off. Hope Megan Walker returns quickly and healthy.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To coin a phrase from Hamlet-"the forum doth flatter too much", meaning, Kyla has done a nice job but given the way the forum is over-flattering her for coming and playing against D1 level St.Louis and Seton Hall, you think she was either handicapped or undersized or a walk on.

I, for one, am happy that Geno and staff finally gave her meaningful minutes with the full compliment of starters instead of 3/4 subs. She performed as I suspect, Mikayla, Molly, Batouly or Liv would do with 4 other starters.

That fact that Kyla, Molly, Batouly or Mikayla haven't played a lot, that's on Geno and the staff for either not giving them a chance OR giving a scholarship to students who didn't deserve it. I don't think it's the latter.

Why are we all so surprised?
As it is Christmas, my last quote will be from John Lennon, "All we are saying, is, just give them a chance"....

Reaction Score
Batouly doesn't play because she has a sprained MCL. Based on Geno's comments she may be able to play soon, but I suspect they'll take the conservative approach and hold her out until after the winter break.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Batouly doesn't play because she has a sprained MCL. Based on Geno's comments she may be able to play soon, but I suspect they'll take the conservative approach and hold her out until after the winter break.
Huh? All due respect, what about all of last year or before she got hurt? She wasn't playing meaningful minutes and she of all the bench players has proven she can play against D1 teams. For Kentucky as a freshman, she started 14 games, averaged 18 min, 5.1 pts, 4.3 rebounds on a 25-8 team in one of the two toughest conferences.

Not sure you're argument holds up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom